1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daily, Nightly and Ever So Rightly III *Chat Thread*

Discussion in 'Off Topic Abyss' started by Riff Raff, Apr 11, 2017.

1. joker1961

joker1961 Spock`s Proggyness

PARALLEL REALMS OF CONSCIOUNESS JUST SOUTH OF ?
    total honest and I totally agree with you about all of this

SanguineRemedy likes this.
  2. joker1961

eek! its been a right ya nay all ready oops! lol just go with the flow....................SHIT happens deal with IT!

Aerosmith+Performs+NBC+Today+U0PHRPXH6SOx.jpg

Train Keep A Rollin`

3. joker1961

hmmm it is hmmm isn't type of vibe coming through even with the headphones on! argh! must use two spoonful of COFFEE.......hahahahahahaha..........drifting along the musical highways and byways see you along the highways and byways?

4. Zepfan

Zepfan ...since January 1969...

God-put-me-here-to-do-certain-things.jpg

Nai Noswad and CrazyConnie like this.
  5. BikerDude

BikerDude Dude

Update on my son.
    He's doing awesome.
    His grades this year are off the charts.
    2 of his classes he has 100% so far.
    The others are all above 90%.
    He's learned.
    It really was that he just let things pile up. School and social and everything else.
    Now he's hitting it out of the park.
    His difficulties really turned out to be an opportunity.
    I was able to finally get it through his head that life is not as complicated as it might seem.
    As long as you learn to separate the real shit from the distractions. The BS.
    Each day a few steps and they add up.
    If you just do your stuff it leads to good things.
    Do good in School, keep a positive attitude and learn to navigate the bullshit and it leads to happiness.
    If you don't, you have no one else to blame.
    He gets it.
    It's really a load off my mind.

Most of our problems have relatively simple solutions.
    At least while we are young.
    The world has a way of teaching us to over complicate things.
    If you keep it simple the world keeps turning.
    They don't lie. It's laid out right in front of us.
    The path is clear. We just have to learn to walk it without getting off course.

Nai Noswad likes this.
  6. Nai Noswad

Nai Noswad Senior Member

Nice posting Biker Dude...and very pleased your Son is getting along Ok..and you as Parents feel less anxious.
    You can never generalise because there is no parenting manual to put things right..got a loose rocker box?...consult the book- but with kids and Teenagers, each case is individual and complex.
    Here in our nuthouse..the 'Netflix Syndrome' was not as big with my Son's as it is now. My two boys gamed a good deal..but i noticed they were nasty or hyper after a long session. Sure i loved zapping the Jerries in Medal Of Honour..or reaching levels on Rising Sun..but i struggled to impose a healthy amount of time on the console...when the grades at School slipped and exams were in 'D'..i put my size 9's thru' the monitor.
    Not proud of booting the screen in..but..my Dad was in WW2 and i was brought up to play outside and breath in that air, don't bring the cops to the door..and don't play "i'll show you mine , if you show me yours".
    When it came to serious exams..i got cool and calm- rationed the X box and PS2..and left cell phones and tablets on the landing at night. With some coaxing and Mom talk- it got through.
    My Son Joe got a 1st class Degree at Uni..and Sam went on to get a 1st class Masters!...which we collect with him on November 19th.
    All the moaning and persquading eventually worked..even the cheesy Good Cop / Bad Cop routine.
    Kids are more complexed than what we were..the world is a smaller place ..and much is expected of youngsters today.
    My Hannah is 21..and is in the full 21st Century mode- unlike the boys.
    She knew it all- out at mates, lapping the town in hotrods, welded to her cell phone, DVD, MTV, HBO...FUK!!! all night-came to her finals at school and those rusty cogs from the dawn of realisation began a turning.
    To get to Uni..where she is now , in her 2nd year- she had to go to a Polytechnic and play catchy-up..she did and aced it!
    From a kid being born in 1993 to my last in 1998 , attitudes and outlooks are worlds apart!
    My Daughter clouded the issues about my shouting..and took exception to being told off.
    So kid gloves, i traded good grades and a positive attitude for phone credit!
    Now those particular problems are behind us..but new hassles emerge all the time..and parenting today does'nt end at 21 like it did with me and my era.
    That's my experiences anyway..
    Peace to you and yours Biker Dude..and mostly congratulations to your Son.

7. BikerDude

BikerDude Dude

Yeah the best we can do is win the battles. But the war goes on.
    For me the main thing is to be sure that they don't limit themselves now.
    So grades and being sure they don't do anything completely hair brained that can derail them during their teens.
    If they can just make it through this time and come out the other side with some kind of a future then we are good.
    Beyond that you can tweak things. But so many kids just blow it early on. And they end up with very limited options later.
    For me, steering them past those rapids is the very essence of good parenting.

8. Riff Raff

Riff Raff The Kevin Owens Show Staff Member

Removed posts talking about anything political. We don't talk politics on this forum.

9. Saiyan Rocker

Saiyan Rocker The Legendary Super Rocker

So is this like a chat room like thread?

10. Jake T

Jake T Earth-bound Misfit

There use to be a thread named "WTF" and the search engine can't find it. Does anyone have it bookmarked?