1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daily, Nightly and Ever So Rightly III *Chat Thread*

Discussion in 'Off Topic Abyss' started by Riff Raff, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Kui

Kui Hey look, it's Freiza!

There is a video of him and his friends putting up the chairlift. It runs on a gas generator and can only take one person at a time but its bad ass, has cup holder and food plate. There is a series of videos on youtube about the tiny house lifestyle and specifically Mike Basich's house in Tahoe. They all were able to operate the machines to set it all up and pour concrete and all that, did it all himself with other snowboarders.

2. Jake T

Jake T Earth-bound Misfit

May 4 2017

May the 4th be with you. :cheers2

3. Magic

Magic Woman of the World

I'm getting too old to attempt anything so primitive, but I would love to be self sufficient and live off the land on my own terms.....and be minimalistic.

4. Kui

Yes would be great to have enough solar energy not to need city grid. I don't know how to set it up, wish I was handier. I did fix a manure spreader today though. The chain that moves the conveyor belt that moves the manure out jumped the chain and I had to set the chain back. It's like on a bike but it's a big expensive machine. I'm not that technically skilled but I fixed it, was flinging horse poop later that day. I wish I could have electricity and indoor plumbing without having to interact with many people. To live in a mountain town and go snowboarding and legally smoke and be left alone by the people I can't stand.

Http://growx.io

Look at this. I want to invent something but people keep making my ideas before I can do it.

5. Magic

Magic Woman of the World

I'm an old farm girl, who has slung manure many times. ;)

Wow, aeroponics! First hydroponics....now supercharged air.

Do you ever watch Alaskan Bush People? I don't know how much of that show is real and how much is staged, but they are super inventive...

6. Kui

no im not much for reality tv, I don't even like real reality that much, but I read the synopsis seems cool.

I would check it out but my new internet connection has been being throttled two weeks to 128kbps maximum. So I can't really watch anything unless I download it on my phone first and then cast to tv which takes forever and my phone is getting full.

The bush people might be inventive but that thing I sent you the guy uses an app on the tablet or phone that controls the aero pods and the growth of the plant. You could have a room of them and grow a garden of multiple plants all at once, never pay for food or spices again.

It could change the world and I could have thought of it and this guy is going to have a great product that will make him over $1mil I am positive.

Sigh, I need to think of something that doesn't exist that could change the world like that, its a really good idea I am a little jealous.

7. Magic

Magic Woman of the World

The issue I have with hydroponics is giving the plants "artificial" light and nutrients. I'm sure the same issue exists with aeroponics.

Think about this a minute........man has never been able to duplicate Mother Nature. Whether it is mother's milk or nutrients from the soil. It can't be copied.

I'm against GMO, too.

8. Kui

well you can do organic hydroponics but there is no led that has the power of the sun and some argue the miniscule trace elements that are in the soil that aren't in the trace elements that you put in hydro nutrients, the few that are missing, they effect flavor. I don't know if its true have only heard soil gardeners say that but I agree its more sterile. But the indoor capability makes it accessible to all. Lots of people are into the combination of a fish tank and areoponics. The fish crap in the water goes to the plants and helps them grow.

9. Hydrazoic Acid

Hydrazoic Acid Cynic

I'm schoked. Ukrainian girl screams and growls on the prom as good extreme-metal singer. :pullhair:

10. SanguineRemedy

SanguineRemedy Bloody bliss!

Why couldn't I have such pretty metal girls in my school? :uh: