Crystal Bowersox: American Idols Stamp of Authenticity

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Crystal Bowersox
crystal-2.jpg

Regardless of what you think about American Idol some of the talent on this season proves that some real authentic musicians can come up the idol chain. Crystal Bowersox is an artist that started out as a street musician, a single mom and an artist that was far from just a pop artist even on the show. She stayed true to her sound throughout and it carried her all the way to runner up! Not bad and she did it by being nothing but authentic and a genuine human being throughout. I'm going to buy her c.d. in a heartbeat!

Here are some songs that aren't covers:

Farmers Daughter

Toledo

Sandman

Here are her Idol Highlights and moments for me:

Up To The Mountain
(this Patti Griffin cover is said to be her opening single, loved it)

Long As I Can See The Light
(I love CCR and she did them justice, great soulful cover)

People Get Ready

Midnight Train To Georgia

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Pretty cool stuff...The melody in farmer's Daughter was eating at me and I couldn't figure out what it sounded like since it's such a different spin anyway...but I then realized it sounded like a cross between U2 (Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For) and Joe Walsh (Life Of Illusion).

Really like Toledo from the first three tunes so far...checking out the rest now. :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Midight Train to Georgia was pretty good!! I like that song so it was a good judge for me...nice voice...the panel seemed to be more than impressed with her. :grinthumb

rtbuck

Reaction score
I thought she was great throughout the season & thought she deserved to win.
*Alice Cooper made a guest appearance on the finale last night!! (I posted the video on the Cooper thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I thought she was great throughout the season & thought she deserved to win.
*Alice Cooper made a guest appearance on the finale last night!! (I posted the video on the Cooper thread)

I posted it in Sunny's Orianthi thread since that's the guitarist that was used! :heheh:

rtbuck

Reaction score
I posted it in Sunny's Orianthi thread since that's the guitarist that was used! :heheh:

Wow,I just thought she was a musician from the house band. I've never heard her but I just previewed some of her stuff & I like it. I was just playing a few seconds of a bunch of songs & liked what I heard but had to leave on "What's it Gonna Be" & "Highly Strung". I think I will buy the download of the album today. Thanks Soot!!!!

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Wow,I just thought she was a musician from the house band. I've never heard her but I just previewed some of her stuff & I like it. I was just playing a few seconds of a bunch of songs & liked what I heard but had to leave on "What's it Gonna Be" & "Highly Strung". I think I will buy the download of the album today. Thanks Soot!!!!

Cool! You can thank Sunny! She posted her a long time ago with no replies and now I had an excuse to bump her thread! :grinthumb

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
A very talented girl right there.. First time I've heard of her and she has a great voice..:grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online