Reaction score
1.jpg
Crimson Glory Official Website

Albums

Crimson Glory (1986)
Transcendence (1988)
Strange and Beautiful (1991)
Astronomica (1999)

One of the best US power progressive metal bands ever. With a cult vocalist, Midnight (John Patrick McDonald), who passed away last year, Crimson Glory released at least two high class albums:

Crimson Glory (1986)
1707619370150.jpeg
Transcendence (1988)
1707619411377.jpeg

Talking about overrated and underrated bands, Crimson Glory is definitely one of the most underrated heavy metal bands.

Last edited by a moderator:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: Crimson Glory

Not too shabby, there b.o.b.!

I will have to get these albums....

some highlights from the last release of 1999 "Astronomica"

Astronomica_cover.jpg

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

i have a couple of their albums i think they are brilliant. i put them up there with QUEENSRYCHE, a very inspiring band. Are this band still active since the sad loss of their singer? "azrael" being my favourite track...the guitar work is outstanding!!!

b.o.b.

Reaction score

From blogs.myspace.com/crimsonglory

Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Crimson Glory announce Todd La Torre as new vocalist !

Crimson Glory is very pleased to introduce Todd La Torre as the new vocalist and front man to usher them into the next era. The decision was made official on April 29th, 2010.

Lead guitarist Jon Drenning says, "We (the band) all sat down and discussed the idea, and all agreed that Todd was a perfect fit. He embodies so many of the qualities that made Midnight a superb singer/songwriter, but luckily he isn't haunted by the demons that so plagued Mid, eventually causing his death. In Todd, we have found a healthy, light-hearted, happy-go-lucky character with a winning personality and a true love and passion for what he does and the music he creates. He amazed us from the get-go, and it is the general opinion of the band that, with Todd La Torre, Crimson Glory will sound as good, if not better than ever. We as a band have had the opportunity to work with some extremely talented singers (Midnight, David Van Landing and Wade Black). Ultimately we agreed that a relatively unknown singer would be beneficial; Todd is a blank canvas in the sense that he doesn't have any other prior musical history that could affect the overall sound that defines Crimson Glory. The fact that he is a local talent with exceptional vocal and strong writing skills made this the ideal situation and most suitable to our creative endeavors for the future."

Same kind of voice as Midnight, very close to him. I'm waiting for the new songs :grinthumb.

Wow, he sings like a reincarnation of Midnight :grinthumb.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

Cheers for that b.o.b!! ....:tup: Great to see CRIMSON GLORY back!!!

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

Ive got a copy of this album too.....it has its moments :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

They are hard to find so far for me, I did grab a couple of MP3's to check out but haven't had time to play them...but seein' they get LOU's seal of approval I'll move them up on the playlist.:cheers2

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

I have Transcendence on CD and it is the old original pressing. It is an amazing CD but I don't have any of the others and haven't even heard then before.
I really need to get off my butt and do a good search for the rest of their stuff.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

Another excellent track by this highly underated band :grinthumb

Valhalla

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Thanks for dusting this one off Mighty LOU...:grinthumb

I think I have 5 or 6 of their albums now, but haven't played them for a long time.

When I get time today I'll dig out one of their CD's and give it a spin.:hb:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11