CRF's A-Z Greatest Bands IMO Build Off!

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
This is a chance to sound off.. The idea of this thread is to build a list of the favorite artist and bands in alphabetical order..

So you understand so far how this works right???

So A-Z is the order of the bands or artist listed.. In Order to be fair when double post happen.. The person with the first time recorded gets the post..

Since you have to build a top 26 you can give some details why the band or artist you nominate deserves the spot..

No squabbles and dis agreements please.. just keep building the list and stay on track.
You can add anybody you want..From the beginning of Rock and Roll to the present..
Make it more fun and add some trivia things if you like about the band or artist..

This is just a attempt to sound off about bands you like so let's begin with...

A........

Aerosmith B0000029AN.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Classic Rock Band with the staying power to still be rocking to this day..
Selling over 150 million albums worldwide..
Scoring 21 top billboard hits..
All listed..

1975: "Sweet Emotion", No. 36
1976: "Dream On", No. 6
1976: "Last Child", No. 21
1977: "Walk This Way", No. 10
1977: "Back in the Saddle", No. 38
1978: "Come Together", No. 23
1987: "Dude (Looks Like a Lady)", No. 14
1988: "Angel", No. 3
1988: "Rag Doll", No. 17
1989: "Love in an Elevator", No. 5
1990: "Janie's Got a Gun", No. 4
1990: "What It Takes", No. 9
1990: "The Other Side", No. 22
1993: "Livin' on the Edge", No. 18
1993: "Cryin'", No. 12
1994: "Amazing", No. 24
1994: "Crazy", No. 17
1997: "Falling in Love (Is Hard on the Knees)", No. 35
1998: "Pink", No. 27
1998: "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing", No. 1
2001: "Jaded", No. 7

Inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame in 2001..

Who's gonna be the next in line with the letter "B"

Were shooting for the Classic Rock Forums Top 100 greatest bands of all time..

Last edited:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Re: CRF's 100 Greatest Bands IMO Build Off!

OH Shit!! My mistake.. By the time I went out and petted the dog.. Took a piss came in and put on a Trower CD.. I realized.. There is on 26 letters.. NOT 100 in the alphabet.. So let's just chalk this up that I'm a 50/50 right kinda guy..
So it has to be a A-Z list not a 100 greatest.. Sorry folks.. I do make mistakes.. Carry on..
:peek

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: CRF's 100 Greatest Bands IMO Build Off!

B.......

Before anyone jumps in here and posts The Beatles, I thought I would sneak in and post:

Black Sabbath

:D

black-sabbath.jpg

Classic Heavy Metal band that has been around since 1969 and exerted tons of influence since.........

They have 18 studio albums, 5 live albums, 44 singles, and 8 video albums.

Inducted into the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame : 2006

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
C.....

Cheap Trick

3647675258_26b8b03810.jpg

Formed in 1973 and referred to in the Japanese press as the American Beatles..
In October of 2007 the Illinois senate passed April 1 as Cheap Trick day in the state.
Cheap Trick has 17 studio albums and 6 live albums.
For the most part, Cheap Trick has kept the original members.
Robin Zander
Rick Nielsen
Tom Petersson
Bun E. Carlos
with stand in's Randy Hogan in 1974 singing lead vocals and Pete Comita in 1980-1981 playing Bass and backing vocals and Jon Brant continues playing Bass from 1981-1987.

Magic Cristian on keys is apart of the touring crew with Daxx Neilson on drums..

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
D...

The Doors

The_Doors.jpg

Arguably THE face of 60's psycedelic rock. Nine studio albums, two live. Last year marked the 40th anniversary of L.A. Woman. Jim Morrison was a complex individual whose demons eventually caught up with him, but he was one hell of a showman and lyricist. I remember reading in "I'm With the Band" that Miss P. was blown away by his energy and could barely keep up with him. He was definitely swept up in the madness during a crazy time in rock. Often times a controversial band, but their work speaks volumes and their effect in music is still easily felt. Inducted into the RRHOF in 1993. My favorite album of theirs is hands down their self titled debut. Members: Jim Morrison (vocals), Robby Krieger (guitarist), Ray Manzarek (keyboards) and John Densmore (drums).

opera races

Reaction score
E

Electric Light Orchestra

859756.gif

I admit what got me into ELO was the cellos ... These guys made classical and classical sounding music ROCK! They even had their own Concerto For A Rainy Day on Side 3 of Out Of The Blue.

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
F

Free

images

Relatively short lived British Blues Rock band fronted by the golden voice of Paul Rodgers and the superb Paul Kossoff on guitar.

6 Studio albums, 1 live album and what seems like 100 greatest hits.

Big Singles: All Right Now, Wishing Well & My Brother Jake

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
H: HOODOO GURUS

Classic Australian rock band, formed in the 1980's and continuing to release great albums to this very day. Many of their songs are loved by people of all ages still today.

art-hoodoo-20gurus-202_20111006134627592375-420x0.jpg

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I....

INXS

Inxs-X-Frontal.jpg

Taken from their debut album INXS (The Farriss Brothers) formed in 1977 out of Sydney Australia New South Wales.
Andrew Jon and Tim Farriss along with Gary Gary Beers on Bass and Kirk Pengilly on Sax/Guitar.
For Twenty years they were fronted by Michael Hutchence.
Initially known for their New Wave/ska/pop style, they later developed a harder pub rock style,including funk and dance elements.
In the 1990s, the band brought a new audience following Hutchence's romance with pop singer Kylie Minogue, and achieved greater acclaim in the UK. However, starting with Welcome to Wherever You Are, in 1992, they achieved less success in the United States. A depressed Hutchence committed suicide by hanging in 1997 and INXS did not perform publicly for a year. The band made appearances with several guest singers including Jimmy Barnes, Terence Trent D'Arby, and Jon Stevens; Stevens formally joined the band for a tour and recording session in 2002. In 2005, members of INXS participated in a reality television series, broadcast worldwide, culminating in the selection of their new lead singer, Canadian J. D. Fortune, and the release of "Pretty Vegas" and "Afterglow" as singles, and its album Switch. In late 2010, they recorded and released Original Sin, a tribute album, featuring guest artists such as Kavyen Temperley (of Eskimo Joe) and Ben Harper. In September 2011 the band announced that Northern Irish singer-songwriter Ciaran Gribbin had replaced Fortune as their lead vocalist ahead of a planned tour of South America, Australia & Europe later in the year.
INXS has won six Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA) awards including three for 'Best Group' in 1987, 1989 and 1992, and was inducted into the ARIA Hall of Fame in 2001. To date INXS have sold more than 30 million records

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online