Creedence Clearwater Revival (Official Thread)

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
CCR. I bought all their albums on cd as part of a collection and just dove right in. I mean of course many of us grew up hearing so many of their great songs played on AM and FM radio. They may not have had the chart success and fever The Beatles had but so many of their songs were played on the radio.
The first CCR vinyl record I had, was a K Tell “greatest hits”. It’s a double album and I swear most of those songs were staples on AM radio in middle America.
I’m not going to say I’m a fevered fanatic about their albums but they really had a very respectable contributions to music and an outstanding career.

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
I could easily create a playlist of 35 songs I find interesting and amazing from CCR.
Another reason I find Spotify so interesting. There are just some artists that are fun to create a nice, beefy, sort of “best of” playlist. Take all their albums, trim away some of the filler tracks, the less interesting stuff… I mean often listen Bayou Country and Cosmo’s Factory in their entirety but some of their other albums, I will skip tracks sometimes.

sixtiesrocker

Reaction score
Yes, I agree: BAYOU COUNTRY and COSMO’S FAcTORY are both good albums.

My Daughter uses SPOTIFY a lot. I’ll have to have a look at it at some stage.

LaughingSnowman

Reaction score
Tbh almost every CCR album is like a greatest hits album. They have so many great songs. In fact off the top of my head I can't remember a song they made that I dislike.

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
I feel like there was a time in the mid to late ‘70s when AM radio would rotate though around 20 of their songs and I think half of those are now lost and are not played on “classic rock” stations any longer.
I realize this is an appeal to only the US market. But as I say, my first CCR album was a two or three record compilation set and more than half of the songs on it I had heard because they played them on the radio. I know my parents did not have any of their albums at that time.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online