Cover Songs You Hate

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Listening to it right now, it's a very good cover of a song that I've never paid much attention to (it's just so long and political, hahaha). I like it, though. They update some of the lyrics, and it really works, which is something you rarely see.

Cool! I do like Dylan's version after hearing it as well! What I like about the remake is the harmony and the fact that like Dylan the singer of that band has an imperfect vocal but doesn't hide from it! It sounds great to me anyway which is how most Dylan fans feel about him! :grinthumb

ecisgod

Reaction score
I know that I'm in a minority here, but I love Dylan's voice, particularly in the mid-60's period which produced 'Desolation Row', not just his lyrics. I'd rather hear him sing his own songs any day. Besides, when a band cuts out 7 verses, it's hard to give them credit for respecting the song's lyrical prowess.

The other issue I have with this song is that it ruined the almost perfect soundtrack for the movie Watchmen.

Agreed. I love Bob Dylan's early voice. I really like alot of artists that don't have a voice like (Mercury or Lennon). I love the raspy sound of many artists like Dylan,Springsteen,and Keith Richards...etc

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online