Cover Songs You Hate

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
These aren't covers, exactly. More like what Led Zep used to do.

I have to hear this kind of stuff at work all the time and it irks the hell out of me. I like samples in rap music because rap is a completely different genre and it's usually pretty creatively used. I like what Led Zep did because they recreated it and it'd be pretty much impossible to confuse a Zep version with the original. But I hate these two tracks so much 'cause it starts and I think I'm getting a cool song... and then it turns into some awful crap. Trickery! :(

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Shakira sexed up AC/DC's Back in Black. When I heard the intro, I though "OH Hell, this isn't happening to a classic AC/DC song", then at about 1:20 in the video, the music kicks in. The music is spot on for AC/DC, but Shakira just doesn't have the voice to pull it off. I will say one thing her dance during the mid song solo is pretty hot though :D

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
These aren't covers, exactly. More like what Led Zep used to do.

I have to hear this kind of stuff at work all the time and it irks the hell out of me. I like samples in rap music because rap is a completely different genre and it's usually pretty creatively used. I like what Led Zep did because they recreated it and it'd be pretty much impossible to confuse a Zep version with the original. But I hate these two tracks so much 'cause it starts and I think I'm getting a cool song... and then it turns into some awful crap. Trickery! :(

Ewww! :uh:

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
:wtf: I like some Shakira songs, even, but that was pretty stupid IMHO....

I know I'm cynical, but when pop singers do all these weird covers I have to wonder if they had anything to do with it or if one of their superiors just told them "Well hey you're going to sing this song." I wouldn't be surprised if Shakira likes AC/DC, but I also wouldn't be surprised if she has never listened to them.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Shakira sexed up AC/DC's Back in Black. When I heard the intro, I though "OH Hell, this isn't happening to a classic AC/DC song", then at about 1:20 in the video, the music kicks in. The music is spot on for AC/DC, but Shakira just doesn't have the voice to pull it off. I will say one thing her dance during the mid song solo is pretty hot though :D

Oh yeah....that was pretty hot....

so, hot....I forgot who did the original version again?

:lmao:

WoW!!!

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The crowd seemed to love it, but I agree it was kind of stupid on her part. She doesn't come across as a rocker chick. I did like how her band handled the music though :grinthumb

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
The crowd seemed to love it, but I agree it was kind of stupid on her part. She doesn't come across as a rocker chick. I did like how her band handled the music though :grinthumb

I should of been clearer...she was hot! :heybaby:
:heheh:

Yawza!!!

Thanks for posting that video, Magic!!!

:cheers2

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You know I really like Guns N Roses but damn this is a terrible cover, I especially dont like how the song ends:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I have to disagree with you on this one, Magic. As far the ""The Spaghetti Incident?"" goes it's not a good album but "Hair of the Dog" is one of the only songs worth listening to on it.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.