Cover Songs You Hate

Death on Credit

Reaction score
There it is! Maybe Sony ended its Dylan deleting spree.

Anyways, yeah, that's awful. Even knowing the lyrics, I can't understand a goddamn thing he's saying.

OzzyVanHalen

Reaction score

These 2 legendary Led Zeppelin songs should of never been attempted by this Mary J. Blige.

She completely ruined Whole Lotta Love and turned it into a pop song. Stairway To Heaven which is one of the greatest rock n roll songs in history should not even be touched, especially by some overrated pop singer.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
oh my lord, what is up with this????

LOL...that video is actually funny. Seing Celine act all cool is pretty hilarious!

I agree with Magic! Comedy gold! :oyea:

I always thought what was the point with this song if it was almost a replica anyway! I want a different take on a song as far as covers go!

Smash Mouth-I'm A Believer

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

These 2 legendary Led Zeppelin songs should of never been attempted by this Mary J. Blige.

She completely ruined Whole Lotta Love and turned it into a pop song. Stairway To Heaven which is one of the greatest rock n roll songs in history should not even be touched, especially by some overrated pop singer.

I just got done listening to both of those as I've never heard either one before. I'll be honest, I don't think either were that bad for what they were. I think Stairway was actually done fairly well without turning it into a pop tune. Again, you have to consider the source of the remake. As for Whole Lotta Love, I was pleasantly surprised how she was able to transfer it into a pop tune without straying way off the map in trying to "make it her own" as so many people try to do and utterly fail.

I can definitely think of worse remakes. So, I'll just buy this round and say thanks for showing me two that I'd never seen/heard before: :cheers2

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I just got done listening to both of those as I've never heard either one before. I'll be honest, I don't think either were that bad for what they were. I think Stairway was actually done fairly well without turning it into a pop tune. Again, you have to consider the source of the remake. As for Whole Lotta Love, I was pleasantly surprised how she was able to transfer it into a pop tune without straying way off the map in trying to "make it her own" as so many people try to do and utterly fail.

I can definitely think of worse remakes. So, I'll just buy this round and say thanks for showing me two that I'd never seen/heard before: :cheers2

Thanks Lynch! :cheers2 Why? Well because these two songs had their own thread by one of the members here and it was a pure bashing fest just because of the artist and genre IMO. I would've commented here but I had already stated my case in the thread before and OVH is entitled to his opinion without me rushing to defend songs I've previously made my case with and this thread asked for it as opposed to the other one. :) As I stated with my Smash Mouth post I prefer a different take on a song rather than a replica and I thought the two covers did that relatively well! :grinthumb

Abraxas

Reaction score
I thought Tori Amos butchered Neil Young's Heart Of Gold. At first I was excited to hear it considering that Adrian Belew plays guitar on the track but when I heard it, I was like "WTF??!!"

Last edited:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I thought Tori Amos butchered Neil Young's Heart Of Gold. At first I was excited to hear considering that Adrian Belew plays guitar on the track but when I heard it, I was like "WTF??!!"

As two huge Tori fans who seem to agree that that album was her worst I can only say that that phase should be considered her official WTF phase! :heheh:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online

No members online now.