Cool songs by your favorite band(s) that the lead singer does not sing?

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
What are some good songs by your favorite band or bands in which the lead vocalist or "frontman" does not provide lead vocals?

For example:

"I'm In Love With My Car" - from Queen's A Night At The Opera. Lead vocals by Roger Taylor.

Or "My Wife" - from The Who's Who's Next. Lead vocals by John "The Ox" Entwistle.

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score
I've seen this one slagged off as being rather meldodramatic, but I have to admit, I really dig this one. Rather emotive singing from Ronnie Montrose.
[grooveshark]25001362[/grooveshark]

Bernie Marsden was an excellent backing vocalist and the guy certainly didn't embarass himself singing lead.
[GROOVESHARK]25001363[/GROOVESHARK]

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
No introduction needed! An obvious choice to pick James and D' Arcy's vocal contributions but I think they were great! James actually has a great soothing voice! :grinthumb

James Iha

Believe

The Bells

The Boy

Take Me Down

D'Arcy w/ Billy

Dreaming

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
No introduction needed! An obvious choice to pick James and D' Arcy's vocal contributions but I think they were great! James actually has a great soothing voice! :grinthumb

James Iha

Believe

The Bells

The Boy

Take Me Down

D'Arcy w/ Billy

Dreaming

Very nice, Soots! I liked The Boy and The Bells the most, I think. What was up with the video for The Bells? Was that a YouTube thing or the actual video? Interesting, and somewhat mesmerizing. :heheh:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Very nice, Soots! I liked The Boy and The Bells the most, I think. What was up with the video for The Bells? Was that a YouTube thing or the actual video? Interesting, and somewhat mesmerizing. :heheh:

None of the songs were singles actually so nothing but amateur vids! The first track was from Melloncollie..... which also includes a track with Billy, James and D'Arcy singing and the rest were B-sides located on the Aeroplane.... Box Set! Glad you liked them! :grinthumb

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
ILoveJimmyPage, oh yeah, "I'm In Love With My Car" - it's a grrreat song!
I would add some more by Queen. :)

And Maiden's song with Adrian Smith on lead vocals.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online