Converse All Star Grateful Dead Sneakers

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
The normal, boring black ones are about $75 - 100 here, they've become a fashion icon, which isn't helpful for my wallet.

Reaction score
:heheh:^^

I used to get them for about 30 bucks, tops, a few years ago.. I don't wear them anymore.. my feet are just too weirdly shaped:heheh:
and as much as I love the dead.. those shoes are hideous IMO:tongue::bonk:

Odysseus

Kustom Kartilage
Reaction score
They are a tad gaudy but I guess they'll sell. Really, the final cost reflects all the licensing fees and whatnot. The shoes themselves a fairly inexpensive to manufacture - pieces of canvas material, screen printed as piece goods, sewn together then mated to a sole.

I remember when the regular All-Stars became the "in thing" back in the 90's. Suddenly the price shot up and shoe stores were always sold out of them. Fads. Hec, I used to wear holey, ripped blue jeans all the time back in high school then suddenly I saw them in stores all ripped and shredded and priced at over $100 a pair.:bonk:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Not that different after all.

gene-simmons-makeup.jpg

:oyea:

CREAM'd

Reaction score
$200.00:omg: For the imprinted Chuck Taylors? I used to pick up the regular high tops for 20-25 dead presidents. Of course the last time I purchased a pair was roughly 20 years ago. I have six pairs of 'em that I wear to knock around in but I can't wear them if I'm going to be doing alot of walking. They have zero arch support. It was ok when I was in my 20's but these days I need a serious shoe like a New Balance or Nike Airs for my 46 year old feet.:rolleyes::heheh:

$200 for a pair of converse!!!! to be honest i dont think i'd pay £50 for a pair. I've always thought they were very cheap looking, and cheaply put together.

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score
These Grateful Dead converse are better looking :D

converse-grateful-dead-pack-540x322.jpg

My friend have that PF converse and they are awesome, and they're about 70$ here in local converse shop. Don't get it how they get 200$ price :-/

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Very cool looking shoes, I would wear the Grateful Dead shoes with the tongue hanging out and a pair of "stovepipes" :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online