Coldplay (Official Thread)

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
coldplay-viva-la-vida-mtv-movie-awards.jpg

Official Website

Parachutes (2000)
A Rush of Blood to the Head (2002)
X&Y (2005)
Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends (2008)
Mylo Xyloto (2011)

Coldplay are an English rock band formed in 1996. Formed by lead singer Chris Martin and lead guitarist Johnny Buckland, they have made 4 albums, and all of them have reached no.1 on the U.K charts. Their main features are Chris Martin's voice, the use of piano, and echoing distorted guitars.

Coldplay are a band with a polarizing effect on listeners. Some people find the music soft and wimpy and others enjoy the emotional atmosphere created. I am of the latter, and I have all four of their albums:

Parachutes (2000)
a11db220dca0acdd2dba7010.L._SX300_.jpg

A Rush Of Blood To The Head (2002)
9813828fd7a0bf3079b51110.L._SY300_.jpg

X&Y (2005)
wolfet_european_toxic_coldplay_x_and_y.jpg

Viva La Vida (2008)
coldplay-viva-la-vida.jpg

They are one of my favourite bands of the 2000's, and are currently in the process of writing a 5th album, which I look forward to hearing! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Re: The Official Coldplay Thread

I'm a fan :D

Although I'm missing Parachutes and Viva la Vida from my collection. I do have their free live album LeftRightLeftRightLeft though :)

The aforementioned live album has a great version of this song:

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

I'm a fan :D

Although I'm missing Parachutes and Viva la Vida from my collection. I do have their free live album LeftRightLeftRightLeft though :)

The aforementioned live album has a great version of this song:

You've got their two best, IMO Parachutes and Viva are still great, but not essentials like Rush and X&Y are. LeftRightLeftRightLeft is damn good also! :grinthumb

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score

Its a shame that Coldplay gets knocked by so many these days. I've been a fan since their first album. While I consider their first two albums their best work, I've found something good on every album and always look forward to the next one because I continue to see growth from Coldplay.

8/12/02(Chris serinates Gwyneth Paltrow a few weeks later they are dating and now married)-another note about this show is that the Oasis brothers were at the show and were scream things out at Chris all night. Coldplay then covered Oasis's songbird. Liam screamed out "wanker"
386172321_08a29091ce.jpg

3069359295_d0a20f0838.jpg

8/09

4299882194_c6a3de7927.jpg

Last edited:

Syd

Reaction score

Yes!!!!

I love Coldplay. My favourite album has to be X&Y, but they have beautiful songs in all their albums. My favourite song is Fix You, the video when people start singing gives me goosebumps.

And about LeftRightLeftRightLeft ... I love their version of Death Will Never Conquer, the drummer sings really well, he has a nice voice.

A story about me and Coldplay:

It was the summer of 2007 here (february) and they came to Chile for the first time. I was like 17 then. And the cheapest tickets to see them was like 80 US dollars which is a lot of money. They decided to do 3 small shows (like 10.000 people each) instead of one big show, so the prices were really high. And I couldnt buy my tickets because the cheap ones sold out and the only ones available were like 160 US dollars. So I had a brilliant idea, and went to the nhotel. We stayed near the pool, made friends with the guys working there and finally got to meet Coldplay. And they gave us VIP tickets, the ones of 160 dollars for free. So now I have the autographed albums and got to see the concert. It was great. I plan doing that again when Paul McCartney comes here. :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Someone give me the absolute positive best "Desert" island Coldplay record and I'll give it a go. I don't have one song or album of theirs in the house.

No compilations please.

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score

I like Coldplay and have several albums. I love their sound.

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

Someone give me the absolute positive best "Desert" island Coldplay record and I'll give it a go. I don't have one song or album of theirs in the house.

No compilations please.

IMO, A Rush Of Blood To The Head is a good album to start with, although all albums do have beautiful tracks as Syd said, I feel that AROBTTH contains the most. And it was the album I was introduced with too :)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online