Cold Chisel (Official Thread)

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score

Cold Chisel's leading single on the new album! :D

I'm not sure how I feel about this new single tbh.

It sounds more like a Jimmy Barnes solo song, than a Chisel song. While there's nothing wrong with solo Jimmy, I guess I was expecting something more Chisel-esque.

Maybe it will grow on me. I haven't heard the rest of the album yet.

Lord Dweedle

Reaction score
:( Unfortunately I cant get to their concert in NZ, just unaffordable for me, would love to have gone.

I love their cover of Wild Thing.

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Hmm, if when you say "Jimmy Barnes" you're including Cold Chisel, then I'd say East. If it's purely for his solo career, then I'd say For the Working Class Man.

As for the Angels (and I'm assuming you mean the Australian rock band), then I'd suggest checking out either the s/t debut or Face to Face.

Tarn

Reaction score
Re: Cold Chisel

As well as Cold Chisel's music from the 70's and 80's my favourite bands from that era are -

The Saints (youtube them doing I'm Stranded - I love it!!)
Dragon
Mental As Anything
Eurogliders
Noiseworks
The Angels

I prefer all of the above to Cold Chisel.

I remember them all except Eurogliders - remember the name but obviously not memorable for me cause I can't recall what they sing. Being a kiwi it's hard to admit Aussie have some great pub bands. Loved Dragon in the day (kiwi singer mind you :grinthumb)

Favourite CC song "you got nothing I want" and best Barnsey solo for me is "for the working class man". lots of great rockin songs on that and just love his voice

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Hmm, if when you say "Jimmy Barnes" you're including Cold Chisel, then I'd say East. If it's purely for his solo career, then I'd say For the Working Class Man.

As for the Angels (and I'm assuming you mean the Australian rock band), then I'd suggest checking out either the s/t debut or Face to Face.

Thanks for this Feldster. I was including Cold Chisel and meant the Australian band, Angels, in my questions.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Staff online

Members online