Coheed and Cambria (Official Thread)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
BGAMCH04.JPG

Coheed and Cambria are a progressive rock/alternative rock band which originally began as a group called Shabutie back in 1995, releasing two EPs and one CD with no cover art or title, which they handed out to fans for free at gig’s and concerts. Then in 2001 they became a bit more organized and changed their name to Coheed and Cambria.

Current band line up:
Claudio Sanchez, vocalist and guitarist
Travis Stever, guitarist
Zach Cooper, bassist
Josh Eppard, Drummer

Coheed and Cambria all begins with this frontman, Claudio Sanchez, and his comic book series “The Amory Wars”. These fictional sci-fi stories are the story line of Coheed and Cambria’s concept albums, with the main character named, Kilgannon.

ClaudioSanchez.jpg

The band has released 4 albums in the series, 2 of the albums are recorded under Columbia records, with the last release “No World for Tomorrow”, featuring Foo Fighters drummer, Taylor Hawkins. They are currently working on their 5th album release which will have Chris Pennie as drummer.

Album releases so far:
The Second Stage Turbine Blade (2002)
In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 (2003)
Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness (2005)
Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume Two: No World for Tomorrow (2007)
Year of the Black Rainbow (2010)
The Afterman: Ascension (2012)
The Afterman: Descension (2013)
The Color Before the Sun (2015)
Vaxis-Act I: The Unheavenly Creatures (2018)
Vaxis-Act II: A Window of the Waking Mind (2022)

If you are a fan of Rush, The Mars Volta, or Thrice, and concept albums, you will like Coheed and Cambria.

Oblivion

Reaction score
Re: Coheed and Cambria

I'm not crazy about his voice actually.. I don't like how it sounds. Not that he is a bad singer..

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I have all of their albums, and I like them. I seem to remember reading about them being considered an EMO band, but I don't get that vibe when I play their music.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I'm not crazy about his voice actually.. I don't like how it sounds. Not that he is a bad singer..

Claudio does sound like a female vocalist especially when he attempts to hit high notes, he kinda "screeches", which can be annoying, I agree. Since they have been recording under Columbia and have a good manager, with some additional backing vocals, they sound so much better. Even with the vocals being not the best at times, the music and story are fantastic.

I have all of their albums, and I like them. I seem to remember reading about them being considered an EMO band, but I don't get that vibe when I play their music.

Yea, emo they definitely are NOT. This music is not depressing in the least, infact it is quite stimulating !!

Oblivion

Reaction score

Yea, emo they definitely are NOT. This music is not depressing in the least, infact it is quite stimulating !!

Emo =/= depressing :wtf:

Emo is a style of rock music typically characterized by melodic musicianship and expressive, often confessional lyrics.
~wiki

I agree it isn't emo :D but for different reasons...

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I like his voice, but I am only a fan of maybe 2 songs from them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oblivion

Reaction score

:D What album would you suggest I re-start with?

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

:D What album would you suggest I re-start with?

Ha ha, what did I miss spell. I am good at that ;)

I will look to see what songs I like and on what album and post it here when I find it.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I love "Welcome Home" Magic! :grinthumb It's my favorite! One thing I've got to say about Coheed and Cambria is that I'm always into buying their stuff but lyrically I can't relate because I hate these concept ideas that are so complex and indulgent that it would take a whole college course to dissect their true meaning! :heheh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I love "Concept Albums" Bry,,,I will have to make a thread for them one of these days. To take a subject and explore it thoroughly and link it all together is to me one of the greatest achievements any band can accomplish. Of course being a Prog/Rock fanatic makes me completely biased on this subject.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Members online