Classical Theme in Pop

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
How do you classical music buffs feel about the induction of classical themes into pop/rock music?Over the years many classical themes have been introduced into the works of Elton John,the Beatles and so many others.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Anything that keeps classical music relevant is fine with me. There have been quite a few excellent songs done over the years that incorporate the old composer's theme perfectly with their own music.

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
How much do you value pseudo-classical Beatle works such as "Yesterday" ."Eleanor Rigby" with their mellifluous string quartets and the side two suite of "Abbey Road"?Do you detect any serious classical talents in the head of Sir Paul McCartney?I know he did eventually compose his own classical piece "Liverpool Oratorio".........

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^The British were way ahead of the rest of us when it comes to music, considering their population their commercial success was staggering back in the early days. Years ago during the Classical music era the Brits were upset that they weren't producing any composer's of the stature the Continent was so they instituted mandatory music classes in their school system. The rest is history. They might have had a late start but more than made up for it when contemporary music came of age.

Classical is part of their training, you can detect it's influence in so many of their most famous artists the list is almost endless.

As far as Macca goes...I wasn't overwhelmed by his "Oratorio" but I give him props for stepping up and trying something totally new.

Radagast

Reaction score
Listen up

How much do you value pseudo-classical Beatle works such as "Yesterday" ."Eleanor Rigby" with their mellifluous string quartets and the side two suite of "Abbey Road"?Do you detect any serious classical talents in the head of Sir Paul McCartney?I know he did eventually compose his own classical piece "Liverpool Oratorio".........

As a great fan of Classical music I applaud the use of the themes of the great masters. Many have and still do use orchestration in their music. Pink Floyd, Jeff Lynne (ELO), Sir Paul McCartney, and many others top my list.

I would like to include that Sir Paul McCartney produced another great original Classic work, it is entitled "Standing Stone" and is a favorite in my music collection. I recommend it highly .

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
As a great fan of Classical music I applaud the use of the themes of the great masters. Many have and still do use orchestration in their music. Pink Floyd, Jeff Lynne (ELO), Sir Paul McCartney, and many others top my list.

I would like to include that Sir Paul McCartney produced another great original Classic work, it is entitled "Standing Stone" and is a favorite in my music collection. I recommend it highly .

Paul McCartney did not produce Standing Stone. John Fraser produced it.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online