classical guitar

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That is amazing Craig, reminds me that the world is a small place after all.

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
I am a fan of great music. Anything by Segovia fits that.

----------------------------------------------------------

Roy Clark picked some great Classical licks too.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
^ The fellow playing with Parkening in that clip is my brother's old classical guitar instructor from many, many years ago. At the time, my brother was a student at Michigan State and this guy, who was still in his early teens, gave lessons. His mother had to to drive him to them.

He also played at my brother's wedding. He came to Peoria for it, and while he was there he entered and won a guitar competition sponsored by Byerly Music, Peoria's local Big Music Store. I remember in the finals he beat a guy who played "Stairway to Heaven," while he played "Recuerdos de la Alhambra" or something. It wasn't even close.

I don't know how he came to Parkening's attention, but he did, and I believe Parkening took him out to Montana, where he was living and teaching at the time, though that part of the story I'm not certain of. They did an album of duets quite a few years ago, and I'm not sure where he is today, or what he's doing. His name, when we knew him, was David Breaugh (I think that's how it was spelled), but on the Parkening album he's listed as David Brandon. I guess he decided to take a stage name.

Edit: Oops, I didn't realize I had already posted a lot of this info earlier in the thread. Sorry about that. But that is the guy. ;)

awesome I knew you mentioned something about Parkening in the thread earlier.

CartmanMania

Reaction score
I'm rather new to classical guitar, but I fell in love with it, and my favorites are Julian Bream, John Williams, Andy McKee, Liona Boyd Andres Sevogia and Jorge Morel. Also, just wondering, what type of classical guitars do you guys have?? Mine's a Cordoba C5 CE. (I was in a five hundred dollar budget, got it two years ago.) Now I'm saving up for a CF Martin.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka