classical guitar

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
You are right he can definitely play Sox.

Saw a bunch of Segovia albums last week in my travels...I might have to bulk up on my classical guitar music. I guess seeing that rock and metal and blues/jazz all emphasize the guitar I concentrate on all the other instruments in classical especially piano and violin.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I didn't know you were a fan Shadow, any pieces you would personally recommend?

SteveB

Member. 50+
Reaction score
Have a couple of John Williams' cassettes which I play occasionally.

Craig in Indy

Your cool Uncle
Reaction score
^ The fellow playing with Parkening in that clip is my brother's old classical guitar instructor from many, many years ago. At the time, my brother was a student at Michigan State and this guy, who was still in his early teens, gave lessons. His mother had to to drive him to them.

He also played at my brother's wedding. He came to Peoria for it, and while he was there he entered and won a guitar competition sponsored by Byerly Music, Peoria's local Big Music Store. I remember in the finals he beat a guy who played "Stairway to Heaven," while he played "Recuerdos de la Alhambra" or something. It wasn't even close.

I don't know how he came to Parkening's attention, but he did, and I believe Parkening took him out to Montana, where he was living and teaching at the time, though that part of the story I'm not certain of. They did an album of duets quite a few years ago, and I'm not sure where he is today, or what he's doing. His name, when we knew him, was David Breaugh (I think that's how it was spelled), but on the Parkening album he's listed as David Brandon. I guess he decided to take a stage name.

Edit: Oops, I didn't realize I had already posted a lot of this info earlier in the thread. Sorry about that. But that is the guy. ;)

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online