Classical composers got groupies too!

RhyeInTheJar

Reaction score
I remember reading this bit about Beethoven and finding it amusing

"Ugly as he was, Beethoven easily attracted women. His pupil, Ferdinand Ries, described how, one day, he found Beethoven on a sofa with an unknown young woman.

Ries had come for a lesson. Beethoven waved him to the piano: ‘Play something romantic’. Ries obliged, averting his eyes from the sofa. ‘Something passionate!’ urged Beethoven.

Ries played on, until the woman made off. Beethoven said he had no idea who she was — she had knocked on the door and asked to see him. This happened, apparently, quite often. But his real love life, confined to three or four women, was a disaster."

And you thought it was only stuffy old guys who composed classical music.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
I remember reading this bit about Beethoven and finding it amusing

"Ugly as he was, Beethoven easily attracted women. His pupil, Ferdinand Ries, described how, one day, he found Beethoven on a sofa with an unknown young woman.

Ries had come for a lesson. Beethoven waved him to the piano: ‘Play something romantic’. Ries obliged, averting his eyes from the sofa. ‘Something passionate!’ urged Beethoven.

Ries played on, until the woman made off. Beethoven said he had no idea who she was — she had knocked on the door and asked to see him. This happened, apparently, quite often. But his real love life, confined to three or four women, was a disaster."

And you thought it was only stuffy old guys who composed classical music.

I like it...UGLY WINS..........Ones...:bow:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online