Clap by Yes

dortmunder

Reaction score
Hi.

Going through my old cassette tapes of stuff recorded at a friend's house in the 80's, I've found a guitar piece which I've called Clap/Yes. I went to get the album (The Yes Album) recently and there are two versions on it - live and studio. But neither is the same as the one I have.

I can't find any reference to alternative versions. Can someone suggest what it is I may have on that cassette?

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
The 2003 remaster bonus tracks from the ''The Yes Album'' maybe?

That's the best version I've heard.

Last edited:

dortmunder

Reaction score
Thanks, but can't be that. I taped it circa 1980. I'll maybe have to digitise it and post a copy.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That would be a good idea...otherwise anyone who is trying to identify the song is just taking a wild guess.

Is the version you have live? Steve Howe has played this diddy several times :)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That sounds like some of Steve Howe's really early works, you could try listening to tracks off his "Beginning's" or "Steve Howe Album" albums. I am looking at the time on the grooveshark song, and there really is no song with that time frame on either of these albums, but this doesn't mean anything.

One thing I am certain of it is Steve Howe playing, and I am pretty sure the song you put on grooveshark isn't "Clap".

dortmunder

Reaction score
Thanks Magic, I'll check out those albums. Would you agree that my track includes excerpts of Clap?

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You will just have to wait until you hear more of Steve Howe's works from those two albums. A lot of those songs on those albums sound so very similar, and I just dont have the time right now to listen to all the tracks to identify the song :)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online