Chvrches

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
tumblr_static_tumblr_mob11kiapd1qfaic7o1_500.gif
ab7aeb35.gif

Chvrches are becoming the frontrunners of modern vibrant Synthpop. These Scotts come fronted by the adorable Lauren Mayberry and pack some powerful yet simple pulsing Pop that stays consistently energized. With one great album out already and the second nearly available (streaming just became available) this groups doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon.

The Bones of What You Believe
chvrches_the_bones_of_what_1380536426_crop_500x500.jpg

The Mother We Share, Recover & Lies

Every Open Eye
every-open-eye-chvrches.jpg

Leave A Trace & Never Ending Circles

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Great to see a thread for this band !! . CHVRCHES debut album was a great breath of fresh air with some outstanding tracks and your right Soot singer Lauren is so adorable .Great voice too .
Okay their synth pop music isn't exactly original....top 80s synth bands Depeche Mode,Yazoo,Human League have been there before.....but there is something special about them......Lauren Mayberry !
I feel she will be a big star one day...but probably as a solo artist.
Another thing I was really worried about was CHVRCHES might just mellow the sound and lose their style....but the new tracks you have uploaded sound really good !
Here is one of my favourites

Gun

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Great to see a thread for this band !! . CHVRCHES debut album was a great breath of fresh air with some outstanding tracks and your right Soot singer Lauren is so adorable .Great voice too .
Okay their synth pop music isn't exactly original....top 80s synth bands Depeche Mode,Yazoo,Human League have been there before.....but there is something special about them......Lauren Mayberry !
I feel she will be a big star one day...but probably as a solo artist.
Another thing I was really worried about was CHVRCHES might just mellow the sound and lose their style....but the new tracks you have uploaded sound really good !
Here is one of my favourites

Gun

Gun is really good as well! :grinthumb They really had way more singles off of that album than I thought so I had to whittle it quite a bit. I also agree that they are derivative of 80's Synthpop like a lot of that Indie based Synthpop but for those that are new too the group I didn't want people to see that in the intro as it wouldn't be a good selling point. You simply need to hear these guys to see they break through the similarities with straight up quality songs. :) After listening to the new album I was much more impressed than I was during my first listen of the first album. The new stuff shines that much more and it's Pop with a punch to it. So glad you've been able to add to these threads LOU! :grinthumb

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Another quality track from Scotlands finest....a cover version of Gothic rock band BAUHAUS classic .Nothing like the original but it has a certain charm :grinthumb

Bela Lugosis dead

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
............... and so good live! Same song. They are coming to Melbourne in Feb 16. Hope I can fly up there to see them

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Another quality track from Scotlands finest....a cover version of Gothic rock band BAUHAUS classic .Nothing like the original but it has a certain charm :grinthumb

Bela Lugosis dead

I love this one!!

Clearest Blue

............... and so good live! Same song. They are coming to Melbourne in Feb 16. Hope I can fly up there to see them

LOU, I've never listened to that one. It's as dark and Gothy as I've heard them. :grinthumb

Sunny, "Clearest Blue" is another track I enjoyed before deciding to pre-order the album. Seeing them live just reminds you how meek and demure Lauren is. I remember seeing her try to do a Fleetwood Mac song and it overpowered her vocal range but she's perfect for her own brand of music. :)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online