Chris Ousey Solo Album Announced

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score
From Melodicrock.com

Escape Music are excited to reveal news of new music from Heartland vocalist Chris Ousey. Mother Of Invention is the first single from forthcoming solo album Rhyme and Reason.
The single will be available for download on October 5 on all digital distributors iTunes (World), Amazon (World), Napster, Nikon, Tesco etc...
The album is Produced and Mixed by: Mike Slamer (Steelhouse Lane/Seventh Key/Streets).
Musicians: Mike Slamer: Guitars/Keyboards; Tommy Denander: Guitars/Keyboards; Neil Murray: Bass (Whitesnake/Gary Moore); Gregg Bissonet: Drums (David Lee Roth/Ringo Star).

Chris Ousey's career goes from strength to strength. His first main achievement was with Polygram recording artists Monroe with guitarist Gary Sharpe, but Chris never made it to the album as he was snatched in the pre-production stages by John Bonham's son, Jason, for his new band of the moment, Virginia Wolf. The band notched up 250,000 album sales between two records in the form of their self titled debut (produced by Queen's Roger Taylor) and "Push" (produced by Keith Olsen).
Heartland was actually formed by Chris with Gary Sharpe and their self-titled debut on A&M Records in the early nineties was produced by James "Jimbo" Barton. Barton eventually teamed up with Heartland bassist Phil Brown and the pair went on to produce Trixter, Steve Perry and Queensryche.
Heartland originally toured with Mr. Big in support of their debut album. Chris and Gary later got together and put out "Wide Open" in 1994, after releasing 10 Heartland studio albums, 2 Virginia Wolf, and 2 as The Distance.
Chris Ousey's forth coming solo album title Rhyme and Reason will be released on November 11.

Sample the lead single right now with this edit: Chris Ousey - Mother Of Invention.

The preview of the new single sounds fantastic, Ousey is still in fine form after all these years. Anyone else gonna be getting this?

Dairenn

Recording Artist
Reaction score
JUST got around to hearing this and I am freaking FLOORED. "Mother of Invention" is a SICK track. Mike Slamer is killer as usual, along with Tommy D. but I've been a big fan of Neil Murray since his work on the s/t Whitesnake '87 release and Bissonet is legendary. I couldn't believe I hadn't heard more about that record! Going to be buying this CD really, really soon.

Dairenn

Recording Artist
Reaction score
Just got the CD in the mail. Want to do a full review of it on the other forum but just wanted to say my jaw dropped to the floor when I played Track #1. I was literally in the car and after I pressed play, my eyes popped and I said, "Holy Shit!"

So, yeah, people definitely must get this disc. Slamer and Denander are *killer* together on this album.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online