Chickenfoot (Official Thread)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: Chickenfoot

This is my review of the House of Blues show from this past August. (I don't know why it was pulled from the concert review section and put in the graveyard archieves shortly after I posted it. Especially since there are reviews from '06 still in there).

The thread is now restored to its original position. Sorry about that Telecat.

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

CHICKENFOOT DVD Due In Late Spring - Feb. 25, 2010
CHICKENFOOT, the supergroup featuring Joe Satriani, Sammy Hagar, Michael Anthony and Chad Smith, has issued the following update:

"Some of you have heard the rumors for a while and we are happy to confirm/announce that in late spring a live CHICKENFOOT DVD will be coming out. We're also excited to announce that via a partnership with Virtual Venues Network, there will be sneak previews coming to a club near you — bringing you a nearly live virtual concert experience. Featuring an early look at the upcoming concert DVD and exclusive unseen bonus footage, these showings will tour on a big screen in local clubs — large and loud — in select cities!"

For more information, visit www.virtualvenuesnetwork.com.

CHICKENFOOT's September 23, 2009 concert at the Dodge Theatre in Phoenix, Arizona and August 30, 2009 show at the Tabernacle in Atlanta, Georgia were both filmed for possible use on a future DVD release.

A book of guitar transcriptions for CHICKENFOOT's self-titled debut album was released in November through Hal Leonard Corporation. It features note-for-note transcriptions with tab for all 11 tunes from the band.

"Chickenfoot" was recently certified gold in Canada for sales in excess of 50,000 copies.

International rock music record label earMUSIC released a new, "deluxe edition" of the eponymous debut album by CHICKENFOOT in the U.K. on November 23. The two-disc deluxe edition includes a bonus DVD disc featuring exclusive live footage, behind-the-scenes interviews and both of the band's official music videos ("Oh Yeah" and "Soap On A Rope").

CHICKENFOOT was formed in 2008 by ex-VAN HALEN singer Sammy Hagar, who enlisted former VAN HALEN bassist Michael Anthony, guitarist Joe Satriani, and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS drummer Chad Smith to complete the lineup, which has toured the U.S. and Europe since the release of the CD.

"Chickenfoot" was certified gold by the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) on September 10, 2009 for shipments in excess of 500,000 copies in the United States. The LP is packaged in heat-sensitive artwork, which means when you put your hand on the CD inlay, photos of the band members are revealed behind the CHICKENFOOT band logo.

chickdvd.jpg

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

Best new band to come out in the last 20 years,gives us hope. :bow:

I feel the same way.. There is a big difference when you hear their music compared to loads of new bands..
I hope it sparks some others to follow suit or at least it makes the record companies change directions and start bringing back that sort of rock..
just hope it dosn't get saturated..:cheers:
And I'll be getting the DVD you posted...

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

^^ I agree with both of you!! It's great they sold as much as they did. They are a fun, talented, stick it in your face rock and roll band and it's not an easy thing to do or pull off and they did it.

:cheers:

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score

Really really REALLY need to pick up their album. Almost did once, and then put it back because I saw another one I wanted and I couldn't afford both :(

joe

Reaction score

Again, one listen through youtube vids.

Didn't someone tell Sammy the party is over. Time to go home Sammy. He must be still livin' in the '80's.

Say ain't so Joe. Is arthritis starting to creep into your hands? I'm a big Satch fan but this is disappointing. Him and Sammy just don't work together very well IMO. Two completely different musical styles that clash.

As far as new supergroups go, Black Country Communion does it better.

This album isn't very good IMO. 4/10

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online