Chickenfoot (Official Thread)

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Re: Chickenfoot

I have this album and it is good, caught them on Planet Rock radio station and went straight out and purchased the album. Some killer guitar riffs from Mr Satriani.

Ya.. Joe's got some nice stuff he included on the CD.. It's nice to see Michael Anthony working with Hagar.. Chad does a great job on drums.. A decent line up of old school talent..:cheers:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I can't say that I was skeptical....just didn't know how it would pan out. Heard alot of people down talking it.

Hey I gotta tell ya'...damn good band!! I enjoyed it...rocks hard and heavy with great musicianship!!

Sammy did good by Michael!! :cheers:

Check this S*** out!!

Sammy screams it better than Gillan nowadays!

:oy:

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score

This is my review of the House of Blues show from this past August. (I don't know why it was pulled from the concert review section and put in the graveyard archieves shortly after I posted it. Especially since there are reviews from '06 still in there).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First off I want to say I’m kicking myself for not getting in to see the opener. Davy Knowles (no relation to Beyonce) & Back Door Slam. Good, young, British, blues/rock band. Caught the end of their set and it sounded really good.
Anyway, Chickenfoot came on around 9:00 and opened with Avenida Revolution. Good opener. Sound was great - loud and clear (always is at HoB – the super high ceiling is the key). Place was packed. Stood up front on Satriani’s side and he looked like he was having fun playing with a bona fide rock band. Very animated when he plays. Sammy Hagar’s voice was probably the best I’ve ever heard it. They played pretty much the entire album (can’t recall the order though) but Turnin’ Left was one of the highlights for me. Love that tune. Satch took an extended guitar solo for it as well. Oh Yeah had predictable crowd response with the place singing the chorus in unison, pumping fists and what not. Tight, professional hard rock played by cunning professionals (How’s that for a wanna-be rock journalist’s description).
One thing’s for sure, Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony’s voices meld awesomely. Talk about chemistry. I bet that’s a major reason why they stuck together. Always thought Michael Anthony was one hell of a back up singer and he shines in this band. Chad Smith did most of the talking in between songs oddly enough. Sammy Hagar wore an old, faded OU812 t-shirt. Thought that was kinda funny. Ventured to the upper level towards the end of the show. The encore was Bad Motor Scooter and My Generation both played a little faster than normal. Good stuff though. All in all a very good show. Ought to be for $57. And at $6.75 for a Heineken I got to take out a second mortgage to keep attending these concerts.

Last edited:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

^^^ Very nice review.. I will make a effort to see them if they come by my way.. love the first CD and can't wait for the second..:cheers:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I broke down brother Thumper.....the debut is a**kickin' heavy!!!!

:cheers: :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I have this album, and agree a really good old kick ass rock album, Sammy's vocals are top notch, I never did like him in VH,,,much prefer his solo work and Montrose days myself.

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score

I really like the debut but they seem to get a hard time by most... luckily not on here. Great minds etc :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online