Chickenfoot - Chickenfoot (2009)

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I hear all such terms associated with acts like Steel Panther too lol
Except they are meant to be funny.

Steel Panther is a fire it back in your face band..:D They decided to just go with it and yes I do own the first Steel Panther.. It has some great songs but I've only listened to a couple of times.. I don't mind throwing money their way since it's for a good cause..:heheh:

joe

Reaction score
Well Riff.. If I can chime in and respond to what you said.. I asked Joe to post his review.. And my response was my honest opinion as well.. I didn't rake Joe over the coals.. I gave a counter point and left it at that.. His response to me could have set me up for a debate on the issue but he's mature and i hope I am as well..
If you look at those who posted in this thread, you will see they LIKE the Chickenfoot CD.. As I stated.. It's just a simple Rock and Roll Cd with some fun songs.

Avenida Revolution is about a problem we have here in the US with Illegal mexican's coming over the border, and that's a big concern at the time.. but the song covers it from their point of view.
Some of the other songs touch on other serious issues as well so reading into the lyrics to these fun songs would only be something that some of us agree that it's not a total flop album.
Using expressions like "Cock Rock.. Camaro Rock.. Hair bands is a low blow..
And a insult to those who like that genre of music..
Some just want to fire back since it's a arrogant way of saying you don't like something and throwing that in like it's not meant to be a insult..

OK.. Well consider this.. When it comes to those who make regular appearances to Classic rock forums like this one and have been doing it for years, they already can sense when someone is not choosing their words carefully.
I for one have run into "arrogant" Key board cowboys a number of times.. Why?? Take the type of music I like.. Tell me how many people on this forum spend time talking about "Hair bands" or rock bands from the 80's that are classified as Jock Rock??? Not many right.. Just a hand full of us die hards.. We ain't fan boys.. we are just like you as far as appreciate the kind of music we remember as fun times when we grew up listening to it.
So.. when some arrogant guy comes along who dosn't like that music and starts bad mouthing it, it brings on others that follow and pretty soon you have a bunch of opinionated turd heads bashing bands you like..
How to deal with that?? you tell me..
I just say my piece and go on liking what I like.. But I'll stick up for those bands every time someone decides to trash talk the bands..:cheers2

As I stated in a earlier post in this thread I took your self-gratifying personal insults as petty and now with your blind and overweening ignorance and your insinuating arrogant conduct of expression pertaining to my listening preferences is offensively forward, not to mention hypocritical and immature.

Your claim of "I asked Joe to post his review" is a lie as I might suggest that you re-read your post (#42 permalink) in this thread:

http://www.classicrockforums.com/forum/f4/everybody-gets-them-but-me-364/index3.html

Furthermore you accussed me of being biased. Again I might suggest you re-read your post (#96 permalink) in the same thread. I'll be kind enough to provide you link to the page here:

http://www.classicrockforums.com/forum/f4/everybody-gets-them-but-me-364/index7.html

I don't see anything positive to be gained by this conservation going forward. Do you?

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Let's just remember that people post album reviews to explain their own personal thoughts about an album. And you're also allowed to make more than one album review thread on the same album, so if people don't agree with what one person said about a review, just make your own review instead of saying the person reviewing is wrong.

joe

Reaction score
Let's just remember that people post album reviews to explain their own personal thoughts about an album. And you're also allowed to make more than one album review thread on the same album, so if people don't agree with what one person said about a review, just make your own review instead of saying the person reviewing is wrong.

Words of wisdom.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
As I stated in a earlier post in this thread I took your self-gratifying personal insults as petty and now with your blind and overweening ignorance and your insinuating arrogant conduct of expression pertaining to my listening preferences is offensively forward, not to mention hypocritical and immature.

Your claim of "I asked Joe to post his review" is a lie as I might suggest that you re-read your post (#42 permalink) in this thread:

http://www.classicrockforums.com/forum/f4/everybody-gets-them-but-me-364/index3.html

Furthermore you accussed me of being biased. Again I might suggest you re-read your post (#96 permalink) in the same thread. I'll be kind enough to provide you link to the page here:

http://www.classicrockforums.com/forum/f4/everybody-gets-them-but-me-364/index7.html

I don't see anything positive to be gained by this conservation going forward. Do you?

I don't know why you have such a hard time understanding when somebody is speaking right at your face..
You quoted me a couple of times and I have no idea where your thinking went wrong..
Accusations are at this point in your court.. I'll roll on knowing that this turned out to be a spliff conversation with someone who was just too high to read between the lines..
Next time you address my quotes.. make sure your dead on or I'll think BS is your game plan..
Have a enlightened day Bro..:cheers2

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
Well, it`s obvious that we all have different opinions on this Band and that`s what makes life interesting...It would be boring if we all agreed. I like `em and support Slip'n....after all he did turn me onto to Chickenfoot!

joe

Reaction score
I don't know why you have such a hard time understanding when somebody is speaking right at your face..
You quoted me a couple of times and I have no idea where your thinking went wrong..
Accusations are at this point in your court.. I'll roll on knowing that this turned out to be a spliff conversation with someone who was just too high to read between the lines..
Next time you address my quotes.. make sure your dead on or I'll think BS is your game plan..
Have a enlightened day Bro..:cheers2

I'm finding you rather entertaining amidst your angry and uncomfortable state of mind with your self-contradictions and your presumptuousness of who I am and what I do. Now you are making a fallacious accusatory statement that I use drugs that in reality couldn't be further from the truth. What next?

All of your contemptuous allegations directed toward me is ridiculous. After all, my review of this album is all about you as you're the center of the universe. Absolutely amazing but not surprizing.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Like another had pointed out. There is always room for another Chickenfoot review...or 2 or 3.

:grinthumb

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I loved the first Montrose album, containing four standout tracks: Rock the Nation, Bad Motor Scooter, Space Station No. 5 and Rock Candy (a far better track than Led Zeppelin's later Candy Store Rock). Paper Money, if anything was even better, with the title track, I Got the Fire, Starliner and Jagger/Richards' Connection. The band were compared with Led Zeppelin at the time, with Sammy Hagar even looking like Plant, but were less blues based and more rock 'n' roll inspired. Ronnie Montrose is a consistently inspired, but restrained and tasteful guitarist, while Sammy Hagar has an equally restrained and melodic voice. He is neither screamer nor shouter, but has, in his own words, got the power. Denny Carmassi, Bill Church and Alan Fitzgerald were all equally talented.

Whereas Ronnie Montrose eventually found another great singer in Davey Pattison, brought Alan Fitzgerald to the fore (as a synthesier player) and made three staggering albums with Gamma, Sammy Hagar seemed to flounder. He continued with the same rhythm section as Ronnie, but his albums seemed flat by comparison. Only his version of Donovan Leitch's Young Girl Blues stands out as a strong piece of work. Having shown his frustration at being the front man of a band named after its guitarist, he ironically settled in another such band, Van Halen. Despite a few standouts like That's What Dreams Are Made Of, Hagar was probably too good a singer for the group, who really needed a showman with David Lee Roth's charisma.

Sammy Hagar's spell with Van Halen was commercially and financially successful, but the split was acrimonious and followed by ill-conceived reunions and various 'supergroups', until Chickenfoot materialised. Never a drinker or drugtaker, Sammy's voice is still in good shape, but Michael Anthony's presence reminds one of Ginger Baker's in Blind Faith, ie. an unwelcome reminder of the past. Guitarist Joe Satriani may be a technical virtuoso, but he does not have the feel and songwriting ability of Ronnie Montrose. But most uncomfortable of all is the presence of Red Hot Chili Peppers' drummer Chad Smith, who brings to the band an awkward funk element. Don't get me wrong, he is not a bad drummer and funk can sit with hard rock, as in the Red Hot Chili Peppers themselves and Glenn Hughes/Trapeze, but this just does not work.

Chickenfoot was rapidly renamed Chickenshit by disappointed fans of the individual players and journalists gave it a luke warm reception at best. All credit to the band though, because they persevered and returned with the deliberately misnamed Chickenfoot III. With Ronnie Montose's Gamma 4 being a disappointment (Davey Pattison later joining Robin Trower), surely now is the time for a Montrose reunion.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online