Chickenfoot - Chickenfoot (2009)

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Well Riff.. If I can chime in and respond to what you said.. I asked Joe to post his review.. And my response was my honest opinion as well.. I didn't rake Joe over the coals.. I gave a counter point and left it at that.. His response to me could have set me up for a debate on the issue but he's mature and i hope I am as well..
If you look at those who posted in this thread, you will see they LIKE the Chickenfoot CD.. As I stated.. It's just a simple Rock and Roll Cd with some fun songs.

Avenida Revolution is about a problem we have here in the US with Illegal mexican's coming over the border, and that's a big concern at the time.. but the song covers it from their point of view.
Some of the other songs touch on other serious issues as well so reading into the lyrics to these fun songs would only be something that some of us agree that it's not a total flop album.
Using expressions like "Cock Rock.. Camaro Rock.. Hair bands is a low blow..
And a insult to those who like that genre of music..
Some just want to fire back since it's a arrogant way of saying you don't like something and throwing that in like it's not meant to be a insult..

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was more on about the biased part rather then when he said cock rock.
I aint big on such expressions either, then a lot of weird ones get thrown out there.
I for one didn't mind the album, wasn't great though. I probably would have given it maybe 3 stars at best. Might come across as arrogant but I seriously doubt Joe was intending it to be that way.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I keep hearing the term cock rock, kinda bugged me, what is the true meaning of it??
Why does it get seen as an arrogant way to describe a band or style? Genuine question.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
OK.. Well consider this.. When it comes to those who make regular appearances to Classic rock forums like this one and have been doing it for years, they already can sense when someone is not choosing their words carefully.
I for one have run into "arrogant" Key board cowboys a number of times.. Why?? Take the type of music I like.. Tell me how many people on this forum spend time talking about "Hair bands" or rock bands from the 80's that are classified as Jock Rock??? Not many right.. Just a hand full of us die hards.. We ain't fan boys.. we are just like you as far as appreciate the kind of music we remember as fun times when we grew up listening to it.
So.. when some arrogant guy comes along who dosn't like that music and starts bad mouthing it, it brings on others that follow and pretty soon you have a bunch of opinionated turd heads bashing bands you like..
How to deal with that?? you tell me..
I just say my piece and go on liking what I like.. But I'll stick up for those bands every time someone decides to trash talk the bands..:cheers2

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Some are fanboys though, it is fine to defend the bands, I do that a bit depending what gets said, I was curious as to why his view was biased, was I rather brutal about what I said, yeah Ill admit I was a bit harsh. I was just in need of enlightening as to what was wrong with what was said. lol
Regarding the fanboy remark, I never said you were a fanboy besides even if I did I don't see all fanboyism as a bad thing, there is good and bad kind of fanboy, youtube provides all the bad ones.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Biased.. Joe pretty much likes Progressive rock bands.. You like Metal.. Chickenfoot dosn't fit in either of those genres.. Biased because he only listened to it once and formed a opinion because he is used to a whole different sound of rock..

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Actually I like more then just metal, I love rock, blues, alternative, metal is just one of the things I like. I love to try different types of rock too. I didn't like this album after 2 listens, I am always willing to try something a 3rd time to see if I missed something the first 2 listens.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Actually I like more then just metal, I love rock, blues, alternative, metal is just one of the things I like. I love to try different types of rock too. I didn't like this album after 2 listens, I am always willing to try something a 3rd time to see if I missed something the first 2 listens.

Same thing goes with me.. It's either a hit the first time or it's a flop and I move on..
I was just glad to hear a group do something that I havn't heard in awhile..:cheers2

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I keep hearing the term cock rock, kinda bugged me, what is the true meaning of it??
Why does it get seen as an arrogant way to describe a band or style? Genuine question.

Cock Rock is a made up word by those who don't like the message of what they consider the base of what the 80's hair bands music was about.. getting laid.. party till you drop. Shallow music according to them and nothing impressive because in itself.. it isn't meant to come across as deep and fulfilling.. It's party music..But on the other side they also make some really down to earth ballads that have a meaningful tone to them so not all 80's rock music is about getting laid and partying..
Haters pick apart everything about that genre of music just for the sake of hating..

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I hear all such terms associated with acts like Steel Panther too lol
Except they are meant to be funny.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members