chicago still not picked for hall of fame

jailbreak

Reaction score
another year is here the rock n roll hall of fame is coming up and chicago still has not been chosen.neither has metallica

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Not being a huge fan of Metallica, have they been around long enough to be considered even?

eccentric man

Reaction score
if memory serves me correctly hefield and ulrich started the mechanics back in the late 70s before renaming themselves to metallica. based on their early material and their HUGE influence on the heavier end of rock music in the 80s i think they're deserving of at least being considered into the hall of fame.

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Oh I'm not denying they're Hall of Fame material. Just didn't know how long they were around. For some reason I think of them as a 90s band and the rule is 25 years isn't it?

jailbreak

Reaction score
maybe next year for metallica but chicago has been around more than 25 years

Big Generator

Reaction score
Metallica are most worthy...

But Chicago? I love all their power ballads in the 80s...but Hall of Fame? Seems a slightly comic idea to me...

Big Generator

Reaction score
Music Wench said:
Oh I'm not denying they're Hall of Fame material. Just didn't know how long they were around. For some reason I think of them as a 90s band and the rule is 25 years isn't it?

The 90s was their weakest period...but they were unbeatable between 1983-86...until Cliff Burton died.

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Big Generator said:
The 90s was their weakest period...but they were unbeatable between 1983-86...until Cliff Burton died.
Didn't know they were around that long. Think I need to check that stuff out.

newdawnfades

Reaction score
Based on their work in the 80's they should definitely be in the Hall. When you talk about influential bands Metallica was extremely influential and were a catalyst for bringing alot of fans into the Metal genre.

Black Sabbath wouldn't be considered nearly as influential had Metallica not come along and expanded Metal and possessed the cross over appeal that they did.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juliebell

Staff online

Members online