Chicago (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
8c943f709805688a8906fdb18538fca1.106959.jpg

Chicago Official Website

Discography

Yeah I know they really came out as Chicago Transit Authority in 1969 but they are more so associated with the 70's and the 80's so I am starting a thread for these legendary rockers from the midwest here in the 70's forum...where they truely live and shine!!

Post all your favorite songs,videos,stories and photos and let's celebrate the awesome music of CHICAGO!!

:oy:

chicago_1971.jpg

61AgDOEcznL.jpg

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
OMG - I LOVE THIS BAND. Can't believe they haven't been discussed already. I have "The Chicago Story" compilation set and used to play them 24/7. I also have "Hot Streets". I'll have to drag them out again. I adore the "big-band" style horn section. Thanks for reminding me. "If You Leave Me Now..." brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. "Colour My World" and "You're The Inspiration" are other favorites.

Trivia: Terry Kath's widow Camelia is now Jeff Lynne's significant other.

rtbuck

Reaction score
Great Band!!! Whenever I Hear "Saturday in the Park" I immediately go back in time to when I was a kid. It's just one of those songs that I get good feelings from when I hear it. I know this has nothing to do w/ music but it would probably be one of the songs being played in the background of my life story because it was always on the radio back then & I think of watching Saturday Morning cartoons with my older sisters & waiting for my parents to come home from grocery shopping to see what they bought & what the special prize would be in my box of Cap'n Crunch. I also think of my older sister taking me downtown by bus on a Saturday afternoon & buying me the latest Wrestling Magazines. My favorite tune by Chicago is "25 or 6to4"(as long as it's not the cut up single version that cuts out the solo!!!).

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Nice intro MP, do you live near Chicago??...:D

I have 6 of their albums but for about 20 years all I owned was the Greatest Hits album. I like their hit songs, but never thought too much about them unlike many of their peers back in the day.

I do have two favorite albums now though, one is the debut and the other one...well it was derided by the critics when it came out, but I thought it was a good record myself.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Another band I loved growing up and have a ton of their albums.. (How many albums do they have anyway??):D
Their debut was really my favorite.. Full of great songs.

And while most guys were learning how to play smoke on the water, I was learning how to play this..
MP edit:Removed dead video

But glad to add more to this thread later.. They were a big part of my early years..:cheers2

Last edited:

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Love Chicago - ''The Terry Kath Years'' 1969-1976.

After Terry Kath died in 1978, the music suffered and never was the same again, for me personally.

I have the first 10 albums - the first three albums are my favorites.

Chicago Transit Authority (1969)
Chicago II (1970)
Chicago III (1971)
Chicago at Carnegie Hall (1971)
Chicago V (1972)
Chicago VI (1973)
Chicago VII (1974)
Chicago VIII (1975)
Chicago IX: Greatest Hits < one of the first CDs I bought in the 80's.
Chicago X (1976)

Also, have ''Live In Japan 1972''

Great band!

Great Band!!! Whenever I Hear "Saturday in the Park" I immediately go back in time to when I was a kid. .....

Cap'n Crunch.

"25 or 6to4"(as long as it's not the cut up single version that cuts out the solo!!!).

:grinthumb:grinthumb:grinthumb

Vic2010

Reaction score
Chicago was one of three bands in the early 70s that I was completely fanatical about (the other two were Zeppelin and Santana). I worshipped Terry Kath. He was a unique guitarist. Favorite albums are the first three. I loved "V" and "VII." After "VIII" I lost interest. They were going in a direction that was lost on me. But yeah, I really loved this band in the early days. When I heard Terry died years later I'd long forgotten about Chicago, but I was gobsmacked when I heard the news. Too sad.

Fever

Reaction score
Kiefer Sutherland was married to Camelia Kath from 1987- 90.They had one daughter Sarah and he was the stepfather to Michelle Kath

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online