• Rufus~ You Got The Love

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • I don't like any of this cheese!!!!

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

snowblue

Reaction score
True, but I haven't heard that song. They're not a band I paid much attention to!

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
Benny Mardones' tune, while catchy, is an ode to statutory rape, so it's out. The rest, ehh, so-so. But Shannon, now that's pure cheese and therefore gets the vote.:grinthumb

Actually, it's not. It's about a man abandoning his family. The story is here:

Benny Mardones: Songwriter Interviews

And in she walks, 16 years old, dressed for school in a miniskirt, little stacked heels, adorable, 16-going-on-21. She said, "You've been up all night?" and of course it was obvious. I said, "Yeah, we have." She says, "Okay, come on, Zanky," and she walks the dog out. When she leaves and goes out the door, my partner goes, "Oh, my God." I said, "Hey, Bob. She's just 16 years old, leave her alone." And literally five minutes later I said, "Play that lick again, Bobby." So he played the lick and I went (singing), "she's just 16 years old, leave her alone, they say." Then I thought about her dad and what he had done, and that's where I got (singing), "Separated by fools who don't know what love is yet." The chorus was, "you're too young for me, but if I could fly, I'd pick you up and take you into the night and show you love like you've never seen." Then the verse "It's like having it all and letting it show. It's like having a dream where nobody has a heart. It's like having it all and watching it fall apart." Because his success was not the family's success; it was just his. "I can't measure my love there's nothing compared to it" - it was all about the abandonment of this family and this 16-year-old girl.

TrekkiELO

Reaction score
Earth Wind & Fire ~ That's The Way Of The World
Benny Mardones ~ Into The Night
Hall & Oates ~ Sara Smile

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11