CHEAP TRICK Singer Confirms New Album Is On The Way

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
blabbermouth.net

cheaptrickband2017face_638.jpg

Robin Zander has confirmed that CHEAP TRICK is working on a new album for a tentative late 2018 release.

CHEAP TRICK has released nearly 20 studio records, including three in the past two years: "Bang Zoom Crazy Hello" in 2016, and "We're All Alright" and "Christmas Christmas" in 2017.

In a new interview with Ultimate Classic Rock, Zander said even more music is on the way.

"We're working on another record right now as we speak," the singer said. "In fact, we just did a John Lennon cover song. I'm thinking we should put it out now, because it's a great version of 'Gimme Some Truth'."

Asked if the new record will materialize this year, Zander said: "Oh, it will be this year. We've already got a couple of songs that are mixed and ready to go. I'll tell you one thing that we're working on, that we've finished already, because it might not be on the record. It might be, but it might not be. I'd like to get [the cover of 'Gimme Some Truth'] out as soon as possible, even if we don't have the record ready, I'd like to put that out somewhere."

CHEAP TRICK's current lineup includes three of its original members. Drummer Bun E. Carlos stopped touring with the band in 2010.

In 2016, CHEAP TRICK was inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online