Cheap_Trick-logo-E11BE9F8A0-seeklogo.com.gif
Cheap_Trick-logo-E11BE9F8A0-seeklogo.com.gif

Official Website

Cheap Trick (1977)
In Color (1977)
Heaven Tonight (1978)
Dream Police (1979)
All Shook Up (1980)
Found All The Parts EP (2 live tracks, 2 studio tracks) (1980)
One on One (1982)
Next Position Please (1983)
Standing on the Edge (1985)
The Doctor (1986)
Lap of Luxury (1988)
Busted (1990)
Woke Up With A Monster (1994)
Cheap Trick (1997)
Special One (2003)
Rockford (2006)
The Latest (2009)

Hello there ladies and gentleman… Hello there ladies and gentleman are you ready to rock?
The band was formed in 1974 with Rick Nielsen, Robin Zander , Tom Peterson and Mr. Bun E Carlos.
They have had some huge hits such as Surrender , I want you to want me, The Flame , Dream Police and Ain’t that a shame.
Additionally, they have done some remakes such as Don’t Be Cruel, and songs by the Beatles, who were a huge influence on them. You can hear that Beatle sound in a lot of their music.
Cheap Trick was my very first concert which was in 1977. I was only 6 years old at the time. The album In color had just come out. When they first started to sing Hello There Ladies and Gentleman, I new I was hooked for life. And with that, I have loved everything this band has put out and tend to buy everything they come out with. I even have a Cheap Trick tattoo written in Japanese. So I guess my question for you, if you’re reading this, what are some of your favorite songs or albums put out by Cheap Trick. So share away.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Re: Cheap Trick

Oh Goodie Goodie..:D I get to post a few of my favorites .. Ahem..
I'll just post songs.. Then later I'll say some things about my connection with the band.. Way to go Trickster.. Took you long enough..:heheh:

Love this cover...:grinthumb

And from their newest.. WOO-HOO!!!!

:oy:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

A band who has lasted almost four decades with the original members.. How awesome is that these days??
Oh Tricky.. I'm not done posting yet.. But I don't want to be a hog.. :heheh:

And of course.. I never have had the chance to see them in concert.. I was working so much from 1981 to the present that concert and me were a rare thing.. I'm hating that real bad nowdays..:wa:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

A band who has lasted almost four decades with the original members.. How awesome is that these days?

ZZ Top is the only other band I know of that's managed to pull that off.

Cheap Trick is hard rock has such strong pop sensibility to it (though they've not had a hit in years sadly...). "At Budokan" is among the best live albums ever and I think Cheap Trick is overall a very underrated band. They have the vocality and pop feel of The Beatles yet they never reach nearly as high of fame...it's shame...

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

Oh Hell.. another favorite..

Tiny Tim

Reaction score

The best thing about Cheap Trick is that they are still putting out great records. The latest is among their best IMO.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Nice thread Trickster, I was wondering how long it would take our Resident Expert to write this one.:tup:

Heaven Tonight is my favorite album, I still have it on vinyl and just acquired the CD recently.:D

I had no idea the original line-up was still together, that in itself is stunning in the world of rock bands.

And I was shocked when I found their cover of Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, just shows you the range they have. And I like their interpretation of this legendary album, I think they did a fine job.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online