Charlie (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: The Official Charlie Thread

Cool thread! I remember them too...but one of those bands I really didn't pursue. Will enjoy doing so now. Killer album covers. :heheh:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

-

Rock 101 - Never Ever mention Lindsay Lohan in a song.

That went unnoticed by me.......I agree, NEVER mention Lohan in a song unless you are kicking her ass!

Terra812

Reaction score

Well Santa was good to me and brought me a USB Turntable :grinthumb... putz-in with it this morning... and just filled in the gaps of Charlie's No Second Chance album on Youtube.

Track
Side A

1. Johnny Hold Back
2. Turning To You
3. Don't Look Back
4. Pressure Point
5. Thirteen

Side B

1. No Second chance

2. Lovers

3. Love Is Alright

4. Guitar Hero

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^What model of TT did you get Terra?

It's great you uploaded some Charlie, they were neglected back in their prime let alone 30 years later.

Terra812

Reaction score

ion-pro.jpg

I received the ION Profile Pro.

ION Turntables

I don't think she had much to choose from at local stores?? It seemed to do a nice job although the software is a bit primitive and it needs Itunes as well.

For a 33 year old album I was surprised the rip turned out as clean as it did. By 1977 I was taking really good care of my vinyl... some of my earlier stuff ... ahh ...not so much :D I need to get a record cleaner.

I haven't had a turntable hooked up in years... this is joyful :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

You might want to check out this site if you decide to upgrade your cartridge/stylus.

Needle Doctor

I saw a nice Denon that I considered buying, but I decided not to bother right now.

Terra812

Reaction score

Maybe I'll grab the cartridge off of my Kenwood TT... If I think it's needed. I'm not sure whats on it but I know I always bought higher-end needles.

I've seen some higher-end USB TT on line but taking this one back and getting another would kind of be a jack move :D

Ripping some Return to Forever now ... gotta love Chick Corea and Stanley Clarke :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I wouldn't take back a gift either, if it works and you are happy with it that's the important thing.

But I would definitely check out a new cartridge or like you mentioned use your other one, that is the most critical part of the sound quality.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score

I've got Fight Dirty on vinyl, which I bought from Woolworths. I could never make up my mind about them. As has already been mentioned, there are a few strong tracks among the mundane.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I am surprised I loved "Lines" and "Fight Dirty" myself, a very tight little band plus Steve Gadd on drums doesn't hurt. I remember a late night DJ playing Lines one night and next trip to the record store I picked it up.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online