Cathedral (Official Thead)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Re: Cathedral

Well Lou and I were at the farewell gig in London at the HMV Forum and it was awesome, 4 bands played and they were all good IMO, Gentlemen's Pistols were up first, then Cressida, then Grand Magus and Finally Cathedral.

Correct me Lou if I have the bands in the wrong order.

It was packed to the rafters and they must have made a fortune as the merch stand was 10 deep nearly all night. I made it away with a Gentlemen's Pistols and a Cathedral t-shirt:)

Can't believe Cathedral finished off with Utopian Blaster and Witchfinder General:) was just a perfect finale:)

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

Yes my good friend top gig ! I was very sad to hear COMUS had to pull out due to to the singers ill health.....CRESSIDA came in short notice and the crowd were very polite to them. CATHEDRAL put up a very good show...they are so HEAVY !! . We were packed in like sardines....the word got round it was their final performance and people had travelled far to come and see them rock for the last time.
So what now for Lee Dorian and the boys....new projects? we will have to wait and see...........

farewell_poster.jpg

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Cathedral are supposed to be doing one last studio CD before retiring. They just released a double live entitled ANNIVERSARY. Excellent release, the first CD is the old early doom material and the second covers the newer era's stoner-ish doom. Great packaging as well...Cathedral fans need to pick it up. I was listening to it again last night.

They also have a new single out called A New Ice Age.

BTW, I love Grand Magus, have all their CDs

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Yeah they were selling the CD and 12" single at the gig last night, £15 and £13 respectively, sold like hot cakes:)

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score

then Cressida

Guys, you had a great opportunity to see this band performing for the 2nd time after 40 years. I saw them live on Friday and they amazed me with the sound of progressive rock. The drummer Iain Clark was in Uriah Heep and played on my favourite album 'Look At Yourself'. But that's enough of Cressida, it is Cathedral thread! :heheh:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Its years since Ive seen CATHEDRAL "live". It was in the 90s when we [ 13 CANDLES ] were on the same bill at the Dracfest Whitby Uk.
I really must see them again as they have progressed wonderfully over the years.
Sweaty is right "Matthew Hopkins - witchfinder general " is one of the most heaviest tracks of all time.....pure genius !!!:grinthumb:bow:

Great band...this video still kills me :heheh: :grinthumb

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I love that video ^^ Cathedral's videos all have a psychedelic, fun, yet heavy vibe ..or many of them do anyway. It was after watching some of their videos for the first time that I finally noticed how psychedelic their music is a lot of the time.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online