Some Hearts (2005)
220px-Carriesomehearts.jpg

Carnival Ride (2007)
220px-Carnival_Ride_-_Album.png

Play On (2009)
220px-Playon.jpg

Blown Away (2012)
220px-Blown_Away_album_cover.jpg

30 year old Carrie Underwood is a country/country-pop artist from Checotah, Oklahoma, who got her big break after winning American Idol's 4th season.

Here are some of the awards that she has been nominated for and won:

• Acadamy of Country Music Awards: 23 nominations with 10 wins.
  • American Country Awards: 18 nominations with 12 wins
  • American Music Awards: 12 nominations with 7 wins. She is also the only artist in AMA history to have won "Favorite Country Album" for every album she has put out.
  • Billboard Music Awards: 19 nominations with 16 wins
  • Grammy Awards: 10 nominations with 6 wins
  • CMT Music Awards: 19 nominations with 10 wins. Not including winning the CMT Artist of the Year award twice (2010 and 2012)
Her first album, Some Hearts, is the biggest debut of from a country artist and is certified septuple platinum.

For the hockey fans of CRF, Carrie NHL center Mike Fisher in the summer of 2010. They met in 2008 when he went to her concert and went backstage.

Before He Cheats is such a great song, haha.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: Carrie Underwood

I'm more of an American Idol fan than an overall Carrie Underwood fan but I think her and Kelly Clarkson were the best investments the show ever made. I also think they are the most talented with the most potential to grow and maintain longevity!

*thinking of doing Kelly Clarkson thread*:think:

Carries voice is amazing and like she did with songs like Before He Cheats her crossover potential is huge! This shows when she does justice to a Motley Crue classic:

Carrie Underwood-Home Sweet Home

My favorite thing she's done is knocking this Pretenders song out of the park!

Carrie Underwood-I'll Stand By You

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Opposite of my pal Sooty, more of a Carrie Underwood fan and not an Idol fan at all.:D

I like Carrie fine, I would have dinner with her anytime.:heybaby:

I am surprised Foxy to see you in this section, but variety is the spice of life.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I have her "Carnival Ride" CD...

And you are right, Thumper, she is a doll baby. I am not sure she has the the longevity that Sooty is talking about, she hasn't made quite the splash in the country music industry that Kelly Clarkson has, and if she crosses over, it will be to pop music where singers are a dime a dozen. I will admit, I do love to hear her voice.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

I have her "Carnival Ride" CD...

And you are right, Thumper, she is a doll baby. I am not sure she has the the longevity that Sooty is talking about, she hasn't made quite the splash in the country music industry that Kelly Clarkson has, and if she crosses over, it will be to pop music where singers are a dime a dozen. I will admit, I do love to hear her voice.

Maybe she will cross over and take up where Britney Spears left off...:D

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Carrie showing off her outstanding pipes alongside Vince Gill. The woman can sang!

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
This is pretty cool duet between Randy Travis and Carrie Underwood. I Told You So has long been one of my favorite Randy Travis tracks. I think this is a nice rendition of this classic track of his.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Carrie showing off her outstanding pipes alongside Vince Gill. The woman can sang!

I've given this video a listen a number of times and every time, it really chills me. Carrie's voice is just amazing. I don't think I'd be too far out of line if I said she might be the best female country voice, EVER. Not just a great voice, but I (personally) can feel a lot of emotion in her voice when I listen to her. I can't say that about most vocalists, but I can really feel it in her music

:bow:

I really hope she has a long career. I'm not a fan of American Idol, AT ALL!, but I'm glad she made it onto that show. Definitely a launching pad for her career and in my opinion, the most talented voice to ever walk across that AI stage.

The Kid

Hey Mr. Tambourine Man
Reaction score
Carrie Underwood has brilliant pipes. I also loved her in the recent Sound of Music Live on TV the other month.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online