Carmen Lundy

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Last night, while listening to late night radio in the bath, I heard a track called You're Not in Love by by Carmen Lundy from her Old Devil moon album (1997). The programme was the Paul Miller Soul Show on BBC Radio Solent, actually a soul funk show, quite often with a jazz feel, hence the Carmen Lundy track, as she fits the smooth soul/jazz category perfectly. It was played as a request from a listener who had previously heard a track from the album on the show and thought it was the best thing he had ever heard on the radio. Paul Miller said it was one if his favourites too.

Following the listener's observation that the album is expensive to buy, the show's researchers investigated the labels, but concluded that it is only available for around £40 as an import CD. In the light of the high quality of the album, they appealed for a distributor to make it available at a reasonable price.

Paul Miller's show is available on DAB and BBC iPlayer, but I do not know if this is widely available, or if he can be heard on the internet. Other music on last night's show included Act Like you Know from Fat Larry's Band (Breaking Out) and a Tom Moulton remix of The Backstabbers by the O'Jays for Philadelphia International Classics.

d90247ehijk.jpg

This is the tracklist of the album:

Old Devil Moon by Carmen Lundy (1997)

1. Star Eyes
2. When Your Lover Has Gone
3. Just One More Chance
4. You're Not in Love
5. I Didn't Know What Time It Was
6. Flying Easy
7. I'm Worried About You Baby
8. Old Devil Moon
9. At the End of My Rope
10. In a Sentimental Mood
11. Love Me Forever

QUESTION Does anyone know anything at all about Carmen Lundy? I would be grateful for any information no matter how seemingly insignificant.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online