Caravan (Official Thread)

joe

Reaction score
Re: Caravan

Like architect I've recently gotten into this band and was really impressed with In The Land of Grey And Pink. I've ordered Caravan's debut album along with the debut's of Soft Machine, Camel and Quiet Sun.

I guess you can say that I'm on a Canterbury kick.

I think you'll like Mainstream. Phil Manzanera is a fantastic guitar player. His solo album Diamond Head is excellent as well. Brian Eno helps out.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Re: Caravan

You know what it's like, you don't play something for ages then put it on out of the blue and for a while you can't stop listening to the album ..

21lpg7c.jpg

What a debut album.

Berserker

Reaction score
I had never heard this band before and am listening to it and liking it. I just heard Camel's Snow Goose the other day and enjoy this chill music.

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
^^^ they are touring??? I need to see them live!!!:)

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
I wouldn't think it likely that they would tour. You're in Engand so I guess you'd have a better chance of seeing them than i would stuck over here in the US.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
That is probably true, they do play over here about 2 or 3 times in a year, that is the beauty of living in the UK I suppose:)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Caravan Drummer Richard Coughlan Dies

rc-1.jpg

Richard Coughlan, the original drummer for the art-rock band Caravan, has died. The 66-year-old Coughlan had been in poor health for the past few years and passed away at home last week.

The band announced the news on its Facebook page: ”It is with a very heavy heart that we announce that Richard Coughlan passed away on Sunday, December 1. May he Rest in Peace.” He is survived by his wife, Sue, and daughter, Beth.

Coughlan was a founding member of Caravan, who were part of the celebrated Canterbury Scene of the late ’60s that also included Soft Machine, Gong, Camel and Hatfield. Early on, he was also involved with the Wilde Flowers, an early-’60s ensemble that also featured two founding members of the Soft Machine, Robert Wyatt and Kevin Ayers.

Caravan’s music was artful, melodic and distinctly adventurous, and a product of its era. But it was also transcendent, with albums like their 1968 self-titled debut, 1970′s ’If I Could Do It Again, I’d Do It All Over You’ (1970) and 1971′s ‘In the Land of Grey and Pink’ becoming early prog-rock classics.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online