Canned Heat (Official Thread)

ted tayler

Singer & Author
Reaction score
Re: Canned Heat

I saw them at the Pavilion in Bath when 'Going Up Country' was in the charts. The place was heaving! There were a couple of band members with me & there was a collective intake of breath, when the curtains went back. Pretty common today, but it was the first time we had seen it, the whole width of the stage was full of 200w Marshall stacks. And the Pav was WIDE! Henry Vestine seemed to have the majority of the speakers (!) because we had to climb over the rubble where the back wall had been when we left & my hearing hasn't totally recovered. Man was he loud! A great live show!

rocknrollcola

Reaction score
I got into Canned Heat in elementary school from when I heard the Woodstock Parts 1 and 2 soundtrack.

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Gritty,gutteral blues based rock with a hard edged tones,yet quite accessible."On the Road" and "Goin' Up Country" are timeless late sixities peace festival era classics.More than anything else,I find the Heat just plain fun.

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
Three shows recorded in 1970s being issued by Cleopatra Records

Three previously unreleased 1970s live albums by Canned Heat are to be issued by Cleopatra Records.

The label will release one show from 1971 and two recorded in 1973, starting with Canned Heat With John Lee Hooker - Carnegie Hall 1971, to be issued on April 14.

The second package, Canned Heat - Stockholm 1973, is due on May 12. A third album, Canned Heat – Illinois Blues 1973, will be released on July 7.

The Carnegie Hall set was captured during the band's tour with blues icon John Lee Hooker and will be available on CD and limited edition green vinyl. A Hooker-led version of Tease Me Baby is included as a bonus track and an interview with Canned Heat drummer Adolfo de la Parra also features.

The band's post-Alan Wilson lineup stars on the Stockholm 1973 set, while full details of the Illinois show will be unveiled ahead of the July release.

Canned Heat with John Lee Hooker - Carnegie Hall 1971 setlist
1.Framed
2.Let’s Work Together
3.Hey Babe
4.Shake ‘n’ Boogie
5.Back Door Man
6.Tease Me Baby

Canned Heat - Stockholm 1973 tracklist
1.Let’s Work Together
2.On The Road Again
3.Harley Davidson Blues
4.Election Blues
5.So Long Wrong
6.Shake ‘n’ Boogie
7.Goodbye For Now

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Three shows recorded in 1970s being issued by Cleopatra Records

Three previously unreleased 1970s live albums by Canned Heat are to be issued by Cleopatra Records.

The label will release one show from 1971 and two recorded in 1973, starting with Canned Heat With John Lee Hooker - Carnegie Hall 1971, to be issued on April 14.

The second package, Canned Heat - Stockholm 1973, is due on May 12. A third album, Canned Heat – Illinois Blues 1973, will be released on July 7.

The Carnegie Hall set was captured during the band's tour with blues icon John Lee Hooker and will be available on CD and limited edition green vinyl. A Hooker-led version of Tease Me Baby is included as a bonus track and an interview with Canned Heat drummer Adolfo de la Parra also features.

The band's post-Alan Wilson lineup stars on the Stockholm 1973 set, while full details of the Illinois show will be unveiled ahead of the July release.

Canned Heat with John Lee Hooker - Carnegie Hall 1971 setlist
1.Framed
2.Let’s Work Together
3.Hey Babe
4.Shake ‘n’ Boogie
5.Back Door Man
6.Tease Me Baby

Canned Heat - Stockholm 1973 tracklist
1.Let’s Work Together
2.On The Road Again
3.Harley Davidson Blues
4.Election Blues
5.So Long Wrong
6.Shake ‘n’ Boogie
7.Goodbye For Now

Definitely interested in those!

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Recently watching the band's outstanding performance at the legendary Woodstock festival.Jauntingy gleeful blues.....

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online