Candlemass (Official Thread)

Malikarcanum

A Child in Time
Reaction score
Always vying with Solitude Aeturnus for tutle of my favorite Doom band.

I recently discovered this:

Which took me completely by surprise, as I'm a massive Tony Martin-era Sabbath fan & had no clue in hell this even happened.

G

Gothic-Stone

Yes, found them! ;)

To be honest, I only know the album Nightfall for a little while, but for the moment I like Gothic Stone/Well of Sounds so much -and I didn't know a better nickname + avatar either- that I thought: why not choose the introtrack as nickname ('cause WOS would have been a little too long I think either)?

I know this band for years, but never listened to them because I didn't like the vocalist of the first album -and liking a vocalist for me is very important to like the whole band actually- and didn't try another album. But last month, after some other doom metal album ended on Youtube, the next video started automatically and so it was this album. I first didn't even know it was another vocalist -thought that I might didn't give enough chances then-, but later read it somewhere. This Messiah Marcolin has a really great voice!

I think I should try their other albums -and especially the ones with Rob Lowe's vocals-!

Last edited by a moderator:

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Yes, found them! ;)

To be honest, I only know the album Nightfall for a little while, but for the moment I like Gothic Stone/Well of Sounds so much -and I didn't know a better nickname + avatar either- that I thought: why not choose the introtrack as nickname ('cause WOS would have been a little too long I think either)?

I know this band for years, but never listened to them because I didn't like the vocalist of the first album -and liking a vocalist for me is very important to like the whole band actually- and didn't try another album. But last month, after some other doom metal album ended on Youtube, the next video started automatically and so it was this album. I first didn't even know it was another vocalist -thought that I might didn't give enough chances then-, but later read it somewhere. This Messiah Marcolin has a really great voice!

I think I should try their other albums -and especially the ones with Rob Lowe's vocals-!

Hi dude no of them never listened to them please could you let me now best ways to start....

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
could you let me now best ways to start....

First and foremost you should explore the albums with Messiah Marcolin, meaning the first four and the self-titled reunion album with Messiah from 2005. Start with "Epicus Doomicus Metallicus" and/or "Nightfall".

The rest is excellent too. Candlemass has been consistently great as far as I'm concerned, but again, the most essential stuff is with Messiah.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
First and foremost you should explore the albums with Messiah Marcolin, meaning the first four and the self-titled reunion album with Messiah from 2005. Start with "Epicus Doomicus Metallicus" and/or "Nightfall".

The rest is excellent too. Candlemass has been consistently great as far as I'm concerned, but again, the most essential stuff is with Messiah.

Thanks SDM...:grinthumb

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Me and Sweaty caught CANDLEMASS this weekend at Hard Rock Hell Doom/Stoner fest in which they were the headline band. Let me just say they ROCKED !!
An impressive line up with Orange Goblin,Regulus and the masterful ANGELWITCH !

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Me and Sweaty caught CANDLEMASS this weekend at Hard Rock Hell Doom/Stoner fest in which they were the headline band. Let me just say they ROCKED !!
An impressive line up with Orange Goblin,Regulus and the masterful ANGELWITCH !

Pictures!!

you boys need to share some pictures :tongue:

I would love to see Orange Goblin......

Speed King

Rockin to the East & West
Reaction score
I'm not a metal fan, but I love this band. I good friend of mine introduced me to this band when "Nightfall" first came out,....they pretty much had me with Gothic Stone/Well of Souls,....great stuff! I liked this band so much, my freind gave me the cassette tape he had of them (Nightfall).

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
I'm not a metal fan, but I love this band. I good friend of mine introduced me to this band when "Nightfall" first came out,....they pretty much had me with Gothic Stone/Well of Souls,....great stuff! I liked this band so much, my freind gave me the cassette tape he had of them (Nightfall).

They are amazing. Still have Nightfall on Vinyl.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online