Buzzcocks

Reaction score
No hurry, I have to jolt my old gray cells regularly to remember what the hell I was meaning to do in here...and I have so many to visit I forget all the time.:heheh:

I never considered Blondie punk though,,,much more new wave to me, but if you put them in here that is up to you.
Blondies a punk, come on she's got that raw edge, new wave to me is like Flock Of Seagulls, these bands with the raw edge, simpler song structures, and the attitude are all punk rock, it was rebelling against the current state of music, so I'd say they are punks:tongue:
All I have from them is the Singles Going Steady Comp (2001 expanded reissue), but it's pretty damn good. Is it worth getting the individual records?

I think so...:heheh:
They are a legit band, if you can find a live recording or DVD those are very nice as well, or see them live(I'm not sure if they still tour or not) but really anything from their first 3 albums should suit you well

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Sorry EB, I will not dispute they have an edge, but they are not Punk in my view. They are just a great rock band that sounded unique and arrived during the New Wave period.

You can post your thread wherever you like, but they are a 70's 80's rock band to me.

Tiny Tim

Reaction score
Sorry EB, I will not dispute they have an edge, but they are not Punk in my view. They are just a great rock band that sounded unique and arrived during the New Wave period.

You can post your thread wherever you like, but they are a 70's 80's rock band to me.

Have to disagree slightly. Blondie was part of the New York Punk Scene from the beginning. Songs like Rip Her to Shreds certainly sound punk for me. But they certainly were more melodic then say the Ramones or The Voidoids, and that served them well when they rode the new wave craze to much wider success.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Doesn't matter to me Tiny Tim, if EB wants to put them in here that's fine with me, if I wrote the thread it would go in the 70's section. I would add that most of their biggest hits came when they were a straightforward rock band. New wave is what I will always classify them as.

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
No hurry, I have to jolt my old gray cells regularly to remember what the hell I was meaning to do in here...and I have so many to visit I forget all the time.:heheh:
Next time you need a jolt, try this...

Jolt+Cola.gif

With 23 spoonfuls of sugar, how can you go wrong? :heheh:

Reaction score
23 spoons huh?

I prefer Vault myself, no crash really...

lg_vault_20oz.jpg

and LG, if I do the threads I will put it in here, I'm set on my opinion on this... it is tough to decide though because Blondie and a few other bands from that time are like you said, but they also have the punk edge...... also with Blondie, they have such a 70s sound, but look what they did to the 80s--and they lasted in the 80s--IT is oneo fthose bands thats so hard to classify....

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Like I said put them where you like, I am firm in my view as well but I'll still visit and harass you when you write it.;)

As for the Jolt and the Vault....No Thanks Guys!!...:heheh:

Here's what I'm quaffing right now.

Reaction score
well, it will be good conversation to start the thread ^^:tongue:
and I need the vault for when I don't have the time to drink coffee lol

foreverblue

Reaction score

i know what your getting at, the buzzcocks were very melodic for a punk band, but they are punk.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^EB and I were discussing where Blondie should go Foreverblue, when he writes a thread for them,,,the Buzzcocks were a Punk band no denying that.:D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steviepaul

Members online