The Sea of Memories (2011)
Man on the Run (2014)
Black and White Rainbows (2017)

Current Members:

Gavin Rossdale – vocals, guitar
Chris Traynor – guitar
Corey Britz – bass guitar
Robin Goodridge – drums, percussion

Bush is one of the many flavors of post Grunge rock that was unfairly lumped into the copycat category by people who hated 90's rock. I hear a clear difference from Nirvana to Bush to Soundgarden to Live to Alice in Chains to Candlebox. Actually, if you want to make comparisons though Bush may actually be the one band to eclipse Nirvana when it came to cryptic lyrics that didn't make sense! I mean seriously "Mickey Mouse has grown up a cow!" WTF!? :wtf: Seriously? :lmao: Regardless though, Bush is as much of a great hard rock band as anything before or since! It's a driving, testosterone filled anthem heavy rock fest with a unique vocal by the charasmatic Gavin Rossdale. These guys stood out at a time when rock bands were at the forefront and could've just become one unidentifiable mess!

I own every album in their catalog from the debut to the last and even the remix album, Gavin's band Institute and solo album! I miss the band and still thought they had huge potential as they left off with Golden State which rates as their best since their debut IMO!

Well, let's get started with the near perfect debut:

16 Stone
(a milestone in music, memorable and memorized by me to this day)
bush_sixteen_stone.jpg

My favorites:

Comedown
(favorite single to sing along to)

Machinehead
(favorite single to get amped)

Alien
(favorite song on the album)

To Be continued......:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: "The Official" Bush Thread

The next album:

Razorblade Suitcase
razorblade.jpg

was a different beast altogether and didn't get as much respect as it deserved because it wasn't what people expected. It was a dark, gloomier more alternative sound altogether. There was no Machinehead on here or singles that got buried in your head but there were some great tracks IMO! Here are the ones I like:

Greedy Fly

Swallowed

Straight No Chaser
(my favorite on the album)

Cold Contagious

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

I bought Razorblade Suitcase, because I heard Swallowed and really like it. I have to admit I was a little disappointed in the rest of the songs on the album, and the CD has just been stuck on the shelf gathering dust for years! I've never heard any tracks from the other albums so will give the ones you've posted a listen to Soot!

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I bought Razorblade Suitcase, because I heard Swallowed and really like it. I have to admit I was a little disappointed in the rest of the songs on the album, and the CD has just been stuck on the shelf gathering dust for years! I've never heard any tracks from the other albums so will give the ones you've posted a listen to Soot!

Cool, let me know what you think of my 16 Stone tracks because that is their biggest success deservedly IMO! By the way, this was another great track from 16Stone but I figured someone would want to jump on it so I never posted it but it was a great single:

Glycerine

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Bush is back with a new album and single. The sound is definitely no new development in sound so it's like they never left! :grinthumb

Sea of Memories
08acc_bushsea.jpg

The Sound of Winter

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just recently purchased the above album! Here are some highlights! :grinthumb

All Night Doctors

All My Life

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Cool!! Another band I need to go back and re-listen to. I have to be honest, it's been awhile.

I like what Gavin Rossdale recently did with Apocalyptica.

:cheers2

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Bush

I am a big fan of Bush and I am so sorry I will miss seeing them here in Sydney on 27 Feb as I will be out of the country. I could very easily become a Gavin Rossdale groupie …….. only kidding ……. but he’s gorgeous!! :flirt

Bush are an alternative rock band formed in London in 1992 shortly after vocalist/guitarist Gavin Rossdale and guitarist Nigel Pulsford met in a London nightclub. Realising they shared a love for such diverse artists as the Pixies, Bob Marley, The Jesus Lizard, MC5, Nirvana, Hüsker Dü, and Big Black, they decided to form a band together. It was not long before they recruited drummer Robin Goodridge and bassist Dave Parsons and started writing. Dave Parsons joined Bush shortly after leaving the band Transvision Vamp. Drummers such as Sasha Gervasi, Amir, and Spencer Cobrin had all filled in as Bush drummers before Robin Goodridge was made the permanent fit and thus completing the Bush lineup. The band chose the name "Bush" because they used to live in Shepherd's Bush, London.

Come Down

Glycerine

Machinehead

The Chemicals Between Us

The Sound Of Winter

Wild Horses – (Stones cover)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member