Buffalo Springfield (Official Thread)

groove73

Reaction score
i've read the remaining members (Young, Stills, Furay) are reforming to do gigs - great news. Their retrospective, best of album is very impressive. Love Bluebird, Broken Arrow, Expecting to Fly, For What It's Worth etc. What do you think of them and what are your favourite tracks? Thanks.

Wiki Link

1966 Buffalo Springfield
1967 Buffalo Springfield Again
1968 Last Time Around

buffalo+springfield.jpg
L to R: Stephen Stills, Dewey Martin, Bruce Palmer, Richie Furay, Neil Young

WT200710107130034H3_2c144.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Re: Buffalo Springfield

One of my favorite bands, bar none. Love all 3 of their records.

I've heard the reunion gigs on Rust Radio. They were really awesome. I mean, these are old guys, but they still good. Stills sounded a little weak, dunno if he had a cold or something (seen him a bunch of times. Pretty solid setlist, too. Couple tracks I woulda put in there but they hit all the quintessentials. It's something I'd been dreaming of for years so it was great to actually hear it.

Favorite tracks? Golly... that's a tough question. Definitely On The Way Home, Mr. Soul. Probably Out of My Mind, Everydays, A Child's Claim to Fame, Hot Dusty Roads, Kind Woman.

Here's the setlist by the way. Sorry it's not numbered.

On The Way Home / Rock & Roll Woman / A Child's Claim To Fame / Do I Have To Come Right Out And Say It? / Go And Say Goodbye / I Am A Child / Kind Woman / Burned / For What It's Worth / Nowadays Clancy Can't Even Sing / Bluebird / Mr. Soul // Rockin' In The Free World

groove73

Reaction score

Thanks for your great response. I've just seen the utube clips - hopefully they'll play more gigs. Some great songs in that setlist and I'll definitely check more of their stuff out.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

.....Strangely quiet on this thread for such a great band, so heres one of their top tunes. This song was later covered in the 80s by one of my fave bands LIME SPIDERS

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score

Have all three albums on CD plus "Retrospective." Great stuff.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

Love this album and I like to to have the headphones on when I play it so there are no interuptions or distractions.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score

These guys were big time - they left there mark on rock and roll - with only three albums.

Great band. :grinthumb

Truckin

Ride Captain Ride
Reaction score

I had the Retrospective album and anything with Richie Furay, Jim Messina and Stephen Stills I love. I went on to become a devoted fan of POCO. "I Am A Child" and "Kind Woman" are two my favs.

Last edited:

Tommy Walker

Reaction score

If you're at all a fan of this type of music, you owe it to yourself to pick up Retrospective. "For What It's Worth" may be the only radio hit that jumps out at you, but there's not a bad cut on there.

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score

One of my favorite folk rock bands with high psychedelic edge. I love first and second album, haven't checked out the third, but anyhow, Buffalos are love. :)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online