Never Turn Your Back on a Friend

Both used from eBay

Budgie STD $5.00 shipped from Austin Texas Goodwill

Never Turn Your back on a Friend $13.99 shipped from somewhere in the US

cool start dude

Speed King

Rockin to the East & West
Reaction score
I have to admit, these guys had me hook line and sinker with the very first song of theirs I listened to,..."Guts",...I was a little put off by the vocals at first. They seem completely natural now that I've heard more of their music. Gut's has to be one of the ballsiest songs ever produced. That slow angry groove is what I'd love to have my original music sound like (the kind of music that scares little kids and old people). These guys should have been filthy rich and filthy famous. I can see why Metallica loved them.

I'm listening to Squawk right now, I listened Bandolier previously. Squawk is my favorite of theirs so far, fricken brilliant! Hot as a Docker's Arm Pit has some wicked kick ass lead work.

Last edited:

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
@Speed King
Budgie is easily a top 10 70s band for me. Burke Shirley is not only a great and creative bassist but also a very expressive and awesome vocalist. He can sing in a traditional style when he choose to as he shows in some of Budgies mellower moments but that isn't the point. He isn't trying to sound like a sweet choirboy and I'm glad you get that.
I freaking love Budgie , I even bought a friends personal.Vinyl collection for 300 US just to get all their 70s discography on wax.

Cheers brother.
:brew::HP

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
@Speed King
Budgie is easily a top 10 70s band for me. Burke Shirley is not only a great and creative bassist but also a very expressive and awesome vocalist. He can sing in a traditional style when he choose to as he shows in some of Budgies mellower moments but that isn't the point. He isn't trying to sound like a sweet choirboy and I'm glad you get that.
I freaking love Budgie , I even bought a friends personal.Vinyl collection for 300 US just to get all their 70s discography on wax.

Cheers brother.
:brew::HP
totally agree with you..........awesome band truly awesome

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
I have Bandolier and a compilation album.
“In For The Kill”. “Breadfan”. “In The Grip Of A Tyrefitter’s Hand”. “I Ain’t No Mountain”. Really great songs and distinct sound.

70sProgFan

Reaction score
I saw them back in 1974, supported by no less than Judas Priest on their first ever tour!!! (Gig memories here)
Superb band!
Their best album was 'Never Turn Your Back On A Friend' which i had on vinyl and then ditched when CDs came out.
Now I'm re-buying vinyl and to get an original copy of that LP will cost me upwards of £50!!
Had to settle for a £23 re-issue.

E-Z

Reaction score
WARNING A CONTROVERSAL POST

"I always regarded them as a 'second division' rock band so never really got into them sorry guys" :oops:

Send all hate mail to sheriff Buford T. Justice of Texarkana, Texas.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online