Buddy Guy (Official Thread)

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Well, I've had the album for some days now and I'm blown away by it. I always expect a lot from Buddy and he always delivers, even at 79. I think "Born to Play Guitar" is even better than "Rhythm & Blues". Man, we are blessed to have Buddy around! :bow:

ooh yes I`m well in to it too! Sharp Dressed Man...

JimJam

Reaction score
Well, I've had the album for some days now and I'm blown away by it. I always expect a lot from Buddy and he always delivers, even at 79. I think "Born to Play Guitar" is even better than "Rhythm & Blues". Man, we are blessed to have Buddy around! :bow:

Amen to that!

Slick Willie

Decisively Indecisive
Reaction score
My top five?
I Was Walking Through The Woods (simply a must have!)
Stone Crazy! (Buddy is on fire on this one)
Damn Right, I've Got The Blues (probably the one that made him the closest to mainstream?)
Sweet Tea (sweet indeed!)
Skin Deep (felt the need to throw in a later title, so many come to mind for my 5th choice)
And just have to mention Hoodoo Man Blues, one of the best blues albums eva'!!!!!!!!

E-Z

Reaction score
My top five?
I Was Walking Through The Woods (simply a must have!)
Stone Crazy! (Buddy is on fire on this one)
Damn Right, I've Got The Blues (probably the one that made him the closest to mainstream?)
Sweet Tea (sweet indeed!)
Skin Deep (felt the need to throw in a later title, so many come to mind for my 5th choice)
And just have to mention Hoodoo Man Blues, one of the best blues albums eva'!!!!!!!!

I had the Sweet Tea cd about 10 or 12 years ago and thought it was a very good listen from start to finish with Buddy and band playing it loud and very electric which made the album quite heavy all the way through in a Blues/Metal down south swamp rock style.

E-Z

blues in colour

Reaction score
I colourised these of Buddy Guy back in the 60s, they're not perfect but hopefully it'll give a new look to these videos from back in the day:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online