Bucovina (traditional folk/pagan/metal from Romania)

b.o.b.

Reaction score
2dl5cex.jpg

Bucovina

..:: Bucovina ::..

A Romanian traditional folk/pagan/metal band

Bucovina was born back in 2000 in Iasi, north-eastern Romania, and at that time, they used to play some sort of black metal. Soon the music started to grow more complex and melodic, while the traditional accents were also getting more obvious; this natural change triggered a massive appreciation in the Romanian metal scene as they played together with the country's most famous metal bands God and Negura Bunget.

Two years later, Bucovina had to enter a dormant stage, due to some line-up issues which lasted until 2005. These years of silence meant a lot music-wise and 2006 brings the band back on stage, with a strong presence and with better sound. 2006 also brings the band's first LP, Ceasul Aducerii-aminte (The Hour of Reckoning), openheartedly saluted by the audience and shuttling Bucovina in the Romanian metal premier league. In fact, Bucovina has remained in the top 4 positions in all Romanian metal charts since 2006, drawing a lot of appreciation from various publications.

Having established a clearer musical direction, they've gigged together with major bands in the metal scene, such as Korpoklaani, Moonsorrow, Arkona, Negura Bunget, Finntroll, Eluveitie, Agathodaimon, Graveworm, Rotting Christ or Communiq.

2010 brings a collaboration with notorious metal producer Dan Swanö of Edge of Sanity and Nightingale fame and Duh EP was mixed and mastered by Dan in his Unisound studio in Sweden.

Members:
Crivat ~ Guitar, Vox
Luparul ~ Guitar, Vox
Mishu ~ Drums
Vlad ~ Bass
Maanu ~ Keyboards, Vox

Discography:

Duh
(Spirit/Ghost), EP, 2010

DUHCover.jpg

Ceasul Aducerii-aminte
(The Hour of Reckoning), LP 2006

bc4a9533081d94f8bd602efb3b3f76dc_full.jpg

You can download for free this album from their web-site.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Pagan, Folk, Viking, Celtic etc. generally speaking tend to be the type of Black metal bands that draw my interest these days.

These guys sound pretty interesting....

b.o.b.

Reaction score
Pagan, Folk, Viking, Celtic etc. generally speaking tend to be the type of Black metal bands that draw my interest these days.

These guys sound pretty interesting....

:cheers2 I'm not necessarily a fan of this metal genre but these guys drew my attention because they have some traditional Romanian music and lyrics in their songs.

Harkat

Reaction score
These guys are quite talented b.ob, good find!

This is an instrumental I found

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Members online