1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brushes with greatness?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Abyss' started by Arkie Malija, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Trickster

Trickster Senior Member

I've met a number of musicians due to the fact that my step father worked in the music business for over 30 years. Wherever we lived in Chicago/Wisconsin, they would come to town and my dad would take care of them from the record label. Most of the time I had the opportunity and I would go along with him and meet the musicians.

I have partied with The Band Europe in a hotel room.
    Cheap Trick and I are also good friends.. In fact the guys have known me since I was 6. 1977 was the first time I had met the band. Robin would carry me around backstage and even today I'm still friends with the boys and Robins daughter, Holland.
    The band, Journey and I were tight back in the day; never met Steve Perry. Although, I ended up being good friends with Steve Smith, the drummer. In fact, I was the fist one allowed backstage to see his first child before anyone else that night.
    I'v also spent time with:
    Bryan Adams
    Ozzy
    Tom Keifer (This was a bus mishap!):D
    Scandal
    Kenny Logins
    Tora Tora
    Def Leppard
    John Waite
    Molly Hatchet
    The Outfield and John Cafferty

I've Never met but talked to on the phone:

Weird al Yankovic
    Alice Cooper
    :cool:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    Dave78, Southern Comfort and Lynch like this.
  2. Southern Comfort

Southern Comfort Long Hair Tribe

Another story was when I worked at a Spa in Nashville and I had the chance to meet many a celebrity, but one day I had a girl on my schedule.
    Now generally before I do a massage I get some background info for my notes so I can figure out what type of stress and strain a person would have due to work related stuff.
    So I asked this girl what type of work she did and she said I'm a country musician.
    She told me her name and it didn't ring any bells because... I Don't listen to country. So I think my response to her was something generic. But she was one of the Kinley twins. The one on the right..

[​IMG]

At that same place I worked on a few other big names like Hal Ketchum, Dolly Parton, Reba McEntire, and I even had the chance to work on the VP for the Dallas Cowboy's.
    They were all just ordinary people and very nice to meet.. Dolly is a little thing.:D

Trickster likes this.
  3. TheWhalerfan

TheWhalerfan Lovus My Avatarus

Met environmental evangelist hack David Suzuki once at University in Saskatoon...he was as expected not too friendly. No greatness but is a celebrity.