Bruce Springsteen (Official Thread)

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
Trying to date it Jackie, what do you think? I'd guess around the time of the Tunnel of Love tour when Bruce I recall was dressing pretty smart for live shows, I mean is he wearing a collar and tie there? I think so.

Yup, I was thinking late 80's. I posted this one in the Sexy Men Thread and I bet it was around the same time.

springsteen_1_blog.jpg

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for that. As a very rough estimate there have to be somewhere between 1,500 - 2,000 cover versions of Springsteen songs on that list, I have a Springsteen tribute album called Light of Day which is fairly patchy, but I assume many of those are performed covers as opposed to actual recorded covers?

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I don't know. They could be performed. If so, I don't have the knowledge to remove the performed covers, or to at least separate them.

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
You're not kidding...that's a HUGE list! Elvis Costello will be performing his cover of Brilliant Disguise on Jimmy Fallon this week. Looking forward to hearing that. There's a Bruce song that was covered by a country singer...I'm thinking Tim McGraw...but it's not on the list (that I saw). A friend of mine that is really into country loves the song and he had no idea it was a Bruce song. I told him it was and he kept saying...no, it's not so then I played it for him and he said...'Hey, I like that'. I thought that was funny. I can't think of the song though and it's driving me crazy. :bonk:

Thanks for posting that link BE...that was interesting. :)

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
You're welcome. It must have taken those people a lot of work to put the list together.

Have you heard Roger Daltrey's version of Born to Run? I don't recall being aware of its existence. The Frankie Goes to Hollywood version, produced by Trevor Horn, may have Trevor Rabin on guitar.

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
You're welcome. It must have taken those people a lot of work to put the list together.

Have you heard Roger Daltrey's version of Born to Run? I don't recall being aware of its existence. The Frankie Goes to Hollywood version, produced by Trevor Horn, may have Trevor Rabin on guitar.

Yes, I have heard it before. I like Roger Daltrey and his cover isn't bad, but Born To Run is a staple of Bruce so probably not the best song to cover for a Bruce fan. But Daltrey fans should like it.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I thought the purists might not like this because of the fumbled beginning. As a Roger Daltrey/The Who fan, it sounds pretty good.

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
So let's see...I was in Asbury Park yesterday afternoon and Bruce was in Asbury Park last night. Figures. :wa

But Bruce actually was there for a sad reason. He made a surprise appearance at a benefit show at The Press Room for a personal trainer of his, Tony Strollo who died unexpectedly at the age of 40. :( I have not heard how he passed away, but Tony left a wife and 2 young daughters. This benefit show was for them. Bruce performed a few songs including Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out and Rosalita. Here's an article on it.

LINK: Springsteen Plays The Press Room For Tony Strollo Benefit | Speak Into My Good Eye

img_2485.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online