Bruce Springsteen (Official Thread)

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
I'm definitely going to this! :grinthumb

Bruce Springsteen’s Corvette Arrives At The National Constitution Center In Advance Of The Blockbuster Exhibition’s Debut Next Week

bruce-springsteen-corvette-ncc-680uw.jpg

The sure-to-be epic Bruce Springsteen exhibition — From Asbury Park to the Promised Land: The Life and Music of Bruce Springsteen — opens next Friday at the National Constitution Center.

Yesterday, one of the signature pieces from the exhibition — Springsteen’s 1960 Chevrolet Corvette — arrived at the NCC.

Bruce Springsteen purchased this Corvette in 1975, after the success of Born to Run. Photos of the car have appeared on various album and single sleeves.

The classic Corvette is just one of more than 150 artifacts from the iconic musician’s career that will be featured in the 5,000-square-foot exhibition, including:

• Family photos of Springsteen’s childhood in Asbury Park, N.J.
• Scrapbooks containing newspaper clippings, photos and handbills from Springsteen’s early music endeavors
• Handwritten lyrics from all phases of Springsteen’s career
• Saxophone used by the late Clarence Clemons to play the solo in “Jungleland” from Born to Run
• Springsteen’s Fender Esquire from the cover of Born to Run
• The outfit Springsteen wore on the cover of Born in the U.S.A.
• Springsteen’s 1993 Academy Award for Best Original Song for “Streets of Philadelphia”

From Asbury Park to the Promised Land: The Life and Music of Bruce Springsteen is a must-see exhibition, featuring a collection never before seen outside of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum. It’s the first major exhibition about the American songwriter that takes a comprehensive look at Springsteen’s catalog, from such early bands such as Child, the Castiles and Steel Mill through his work with the E Street Band and as a solo artist.

LINK: Uwishunu - Philadelphia Blog About Things to Do, Events, Restaurants, Food, Nightlife and More

LINK: Photos: Springsteen's Corvette arrives in Philly for National Constitution Center exhibit

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
Just heard this song and I thought I'd post it. It's one of my favorites. :)

Janey Don't You Lose Heart

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Nice stuff again Jackie, thanks to you I don't think I've had to pull a Bruce CD out of its case all week, something brilliant just turns up on here each day!

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
Not sure if I posted this one yet, but I meant to. And if I already did, oh well. :D

Sad Eyes

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Thanks Jackie, love the clip, though the other thing couldn't interest me less as the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame is a joke and always has been - Dire Straits, who have sold 150 million records (the 15th biggest selling group of all time) still aren't in there, but somebody called Laura Nyro, who has been dead for 15 years, I see get's inducted this year.

You need to rely on Jackie (JG) for pics gcczep, I'm seeing The Boss in June, but it's in a 50,000 seater football stadium and we only have nosebleed seats, I bet Jackie is maximum 5 rows back at her Bruce show knowing her!!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online