Brother Clyde (Official Thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: Billy Ray Cyrus' new rock band "Brother Clyde"

Listened to it before, couldn't get past a minute of each song....

Billy Ray gives ''Southern Rock'' a bad name.

It's all good! :grinthumb Magic's also a Southern Rock fan as well and online now! Curious if she sees this thread and agrees! :grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Alrighty folks......

I listened to the songs on myspace, but to get the full experience you need to hear and see them LIVE.....

Y'all can hate on them if you want, but I am sorry to disagree, they can rock live!

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score

I have no problem with Billy Ray Cyrus myself. I find it kind of unfair how the guy was basically blacklisted by country radio and music video stations for several years just because of backlash against Achy Breaky Heart.

He was releasing albums from the mid-1990's to early 2000's that wouldn't get touched by country radio or CMT, just because one video of him sporting a mullet was getting made fun of all the time. Not even the Dixie Chicks were blacklisted that bad after their singer opened her mouth about the President.

Fortunately for Billy Ray, his daughter's success has allowed him to revive his own career and he is doing quite well now with his own music again. Radio and video stations are actually playing his new stuff again.

Of course that ended up creating a monster (Miley Cyrus).

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I am not into the Miley Cyrus scene, but this new band, Brother Clyde, is pretty good.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score

I am not into the Miley Cyrus scene, but this new band, Brother Clyde, is pretty good.

Nope, me neither.

But I don't mind saying that I like Billy Ray's music. I don't listen to much country but I've picked up some of his cd's before through BMG's music club and stuff. I always liked his singing voice.

So I'll try and keep an eye on Brother Clyde.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I am a country fan, but I prefer hearing some kick ass Southern rock to the twang of the country. It amazes me how much into the "pop" scene country music has become of late, I have a hard time wrapping my ears around that stuff.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score

I am a country fan, but I prefer hearing some kick ass Southern rock to the twang of the country. It amazes me how much into the "pop" scene country music has become of late, I have a hard time wrapping my ears around that stuff.

Billy Ray Cyrus and Garth Brooks, both of whom I like, were the last two country artists that I ever bought albums from.

But again, I have very little country and listen to very little. Mostly what I like falls into the Hank Williams, Hank Williams Jr., Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash, Johnny Paycheck, etc. category. Anything of the "outlaw country" ilk will at least get a little nod from me (though neither Brooks and Cyrus remotely qualify).

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.