Bring Me The Horizon

Harkat

Reaction score

BRING ME THE HORIZON
Bring+Me+The+Horizon+794699dc.jpg

parental_advisory_small.jpg
Official Site

Bring Me The Horizon (BMTH) is a British metalcore/deathcore band from Sheffield, Yorkshire, who formed in 2004.
I'm not a huge fan of metalcore or well screamo in general but these guys have a couple songs that really get my blood pumping!

Band Members:
Matt Kean − bass guitar
Lee Malia − lead guitar
Matt Nicholls − drums
Oliver Sykes – lead vocals
Jona Weinhofen - rhythm guitar, keyboards, programming, backing vocals

Discography:

The Bedroom Sessions ~ 2004 Demo
This Is What the Edge of Your Seat Was Made For ~ 2004 EP
Count Your Blessings ~ 2006 Studio
Suicide Season ~ 2008 Studio
Suicide Season: Cut Up ~ 2009 Remix
There Is a Hell, Believe Me I've Seen It. There Is a Heaven, Let's Keep It a Secret ~ 2010 Studio
Sempiternal (2013)

My favourite songs from these guys are (least fav to most):

"Sleep is for weak!!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Yes! Bring Me The Horizon is one of those bands that I enjoy regularly. Surprisingly there isn't a considerably large fan base. A lot of people say they are talentless and what not. I think they've got just as much talent as any other metalcore band. I suppose it all just depends on what people like.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Nice thread Harkat, not a fan of metalcore myself, but that doesn't mean they haven't done a couple of good songs.

Harkat

Reaction score
I find that they do some interesting things with their music, their songs don't all sound the same, they jump between vocals a bit.
I prefer Suicide Season.
51zk9WBbJ-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Anything before that is a tad too screamo for me. Their latest album has quite a few different idea's in it. It has more electronic effects than their previous albums and they have a chorus in it.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
This thread takes me back a couple of years to another forum, I made a critical comment about the lead singer and then was "mobbed" by his female fans...had to make a hasty exit from that thread and never went back....:peek:

:oyea:

Harkat

Reaction score
This thread takes me back a couple of years to another forum, I made a critical comment about the lead singer and then was "mobbed" by his female fans...had to make a hasty exit from that thread and never went back....:peek:

:oyea:

:heheh:
I was reading, quite some time back, that BMTH and another band staged a mock fight .... and then a massive fan vs fan battle erupted between all the fans :heheh:

I am rather happy with this band. Their last album has a lot more variety in it, many more idea's in it.
I would describe their style of music in their latest album as disjointed, melodic and all over the place :heheh:
One second screaming and thrashing of instruments then clean, whispered, vocals and a violin :wtf:

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Yeah, The 'There Is A Hell Believe Me I've Seen It...' album was amazing. It seemed a lot cleaner than there other stuff, and sounded more professional. Not to say that Suicide Season wasn't great. That album is one of my personal favorites. Especially with Death Breath. I could play that song over and over and it'll never get old.

Harkat

Reaction score
'There Is A Hell Believe Me I've Seen It...' is a lot cleaner but the idea's and effort gone into it cannot be dismissed.

What gets to me is this though:
Voted Worst Band of 2010. (Kerrang! readers poll)

Bring Me the Horizon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

but on the other hand:
There Is a Hell, Believe Me I've Seen It. There Is a Heaven, Let's Keep It a Secret - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kerrang commented that "the quintet are walking down a far darker, more personal path" and that "it's an album that bursts with ambition, and that Bring Me The Horizon pull it off so powerfully further confirms their greatness".
Album Preview: Bring Me The Horizon - There Is A Hell... - Drew Beringer's Blog - Blogs - AbsolutePunk.net

So the readers of this Kerrang have voted BMTH's 2010 release (and 2008 release) as one of the worst that year but the actual magazine gives them quite a bit of praise!!

This here has a review for each individual song on 'There Is a Hell...'
Album Preview: Bring Me The Horizon - There Is A Hell... - Drew Beringer's Blog - Blogs - AbsolutePunk.net

Harkat

Reaction score
aah heres the fight!

"During a tour, Bring Me the Horizon and Architects filmed a video showing a staged fight between Oliver Sykes and Architects' lead singer Sam Carter. The video was uploaded to YouTube and outraged many Bring Me the Horizon fans, causing many to send hate mail towards Sam Carter. Carter made it clear in an interview with Kerrang! that the whole thing was a joke, as did Sykes."

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I love the review they gave for Crucify Me and It Never Ends. Those two are my favorite songs off the entire album.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online