Bridge Over Troubled Water vs. Deja Vu

Bridge Over Troubled Water vs. Deja Vu

• Total voters

runtfan

Reaction score
Man, this one's tough. I'm much more of a CSN (Y) fan than Simon & Garfunkel but in this case I'll take Bridge Over Troubled Water - classic, well written, well sung tune.

Oops, I didn't read carefully - I was voting for "Bridge...", the song not the album. I don't even know what's on the Bridge album so I'd definitely take Deja Vu.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
this was a tough decision, but I think overall Bridge Over Troubled Water is Simon & Garfunkel's best album so it gets my vote.

Tommy Walker

Reaction score
Oops, I didn't read carefully - I was voting for "Bridge...", the song not the album. I don't even know what's on the Bridge album so I'd definitely take Deja Vu.

It's generally considered Simon and Garfunkel's best album, and is my favorite as well. However, Deja Vu is CSN/CSNY's best album, so I went with it. In any event, Bridge Over Troubled Water is definitely worth checking out. It was the last album they made before breaking up, and it's weird but that kind of comes through in the songs somehow. Very good record.

runtfan

Reaction score
It's generally considered Simon and Garfunkel's best album, and is my favorite as well. However, Deja Vu is CSN/CSNY's best album, so I went with it. In any event, Bridge Over Troubled Water is definitely worth checking out. It was the last album they made before breaking up, and it's weird but that kind of comes through in the songs somehow. Very good record.

Thanks, I'll have to check out the album. I've only ever had compilations for Simon & Garfunkel. I know all the hits but don't know any deep cuts and only have a very rough idea of their career timeline.

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
Bridge Over Troubled Water

Used to love Deja Vu but for some reason Graham Nash's voice has not aged well for me. It's rather annoying now.

Rocker440

Reaction score
Bridge Over Troubled Water has a good lead, but both of these albums are pealers and long time faves of mine, too! :tup:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online

No members online now.