Brian Kahanek

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
bkpb1.jpg

Brian Kahanek​

Brian Kahanek is a blues guitarist from Columbus Ohio.
After High School he went to college at The University of North Texas in Denton.
He didn’t know that he would be playing more sessions and gigs than going to classes. Brian worked the Texas clubs for 6 years winning over local critics and fans. Finally in 1998 he moved to California. It was in LA that he really set out to change things, but in reality things would change him. The City of Angels is where he found his own voice. In 2004 he released the underground hit album “Real Life”. “Gemini”, an instrumental track from “Real Life”, appears in “Guitar Hero II.” Brian released his sophomore record "Suicide King".
He is a great guitarist. Shame he does not get the press some of the overrated guitarists of today get.
I think eventually he will be looked at as a great player later on in his life.

Here is his website
Brian Kahanek - Home

Here is his youtube account
YouTube - sidewindermusic's Channel

An interview with Kahanek
Interview with Brian Kahanek, Blues, Rock & Soul: A Real-Life Guitar Hero | Suite101.com

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Never heard of him before CN,,,but I'll add him to my shopping list after reading your eloquent post and your high opinion of him.

Oblivion

Reaction score
:D I was going to say something similar to LG's comment.. Will certainly check him out !

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
He can PLAY! nice find CN :)

I will have to see what I can find by him and give him a decent listen. Suicide King is awesome! I listened to it online :)

2044330980083938478S425x425Q85.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online