1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brian Kahanek

Discussion in 'Blues & Jazz' started by ComfortablyNumb, Oct 28, 2009.

1. ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb Unquestionable Presence

[​IMG]

Brian Kahanek​

Brian Kahanek is a blues guitarist from Columbus Ohio.
    After High School he went to college at The University of North Texas in Denton.
    He didn’t know that he would be playing more sessions and gigs than going to classes. Brian worked the Texas clubs for 6 years winning over local critics and fans. Finally in 1998 he moved to California. It was in LA that he really set out to change things, but in reality things would change him. The City of Angels is where he found his own voice. In 2004 he released the underground hit album “Real Life”. “Gemini”, an instrumental track from “Real Life”, appears in “Guitar Hero II.” Brian released his sophomore record "Suicide King".
    He is a great guitarist. Shame he does not get the press some of the overrated guitarists of today get.
    I think eventually he will be looked at as a great player later on in his life.

Here is his website
    Brian Kahanek - Home

Here is his youtube account
    YouTube - sidewindermusic's Channel

An interview with Kahanek
    Interview with Brian Kahanek, Blues, Rock & Soul: A Real-Life Guitar Hero | Suite101.com

2. LG

LG Fade To Black

Never heard of him before CN,,,but I'll add him to my shopping list after reading your eloquent post and your high opinion of him.

3. Oblivion

Oblivion Senior Member

:D I was going to say something similar to LG's comment.. Will certainly check him out !

4. Magic

Magic Woman of the World

He can PLAY! nice find CN :)

I will have to see what I can find by him and give him a decent listen. Suicide King is awesome! I listened to it online :)

[​IMG]

5. ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb Unquestionable Presence

going to bump this thread. one of the best around today. shame he is overlooked.